Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v2.70e] Cold Front Mystery
[Image: vCh8DD3.png]

The description for Cold Front states that there may be a bonus effect occurring from Ice Point Greaves specifically, so far during in game testing I have not seen a singular visible effect for Ice Point Greaves + Cold Front, including tests for:

-Seeing if Knockback breaks ice sheets (it does)
-Seeing if Knockback immunity prevents it. (It does)
-Seeing if it creates ice sheets along the target's path. (It does not)
-Seeing if there is an additional damage proc similarly to Axe Kick. (there is not)

After all of this testing I looked up the old patch notes and dug up this.
(https://neus-projects.net/forums/showthr...Cold+Front)

Quote:Cold Front - Knockback changed to 2 + Rank. Can now target tiles with deployed Ice Point Guards or empty tiles if you have Ice Point Guard active (it will deploy it in the tile you target). If the target is an Ice Point Guard, it will kick it the same distance. If it encounters an enemy, they take the skill's damage and are knocked back the remaining distance.

And so with that reasoning, I believe that this may either be a bugged mechanic which never shows up, or a simple error in the skill's description.
The bonus effect is that it creates ice sheets when the target is knocked back on the tiles they move over. If there is already an Ice Sheet on that tile, it won't create a new one.
It appears as though it is bugged and does not create Ice Sheets when there is no ice sheets present then, and appears to be why I thought there might be no difference in whether ice point greaves was active or not.

[Image: S84bvTJ.png]

[Image: EK3pd6K.png]
don't they only leave ice sheets, with greaves, if he is also airborne?
(02-15-2023, 07:14 AM)Shujin Wrote: don't they only leave ice sheets, with greaves, if he is also airborne?

I also checked this and didn't see anything different.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • Shujin