Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youkai and Summoners
When going through level 55+ Dungeons with my Youkai as a Grand Summoner I feel like my level 60 Fire Elemental & Kerberos both have a lacking amount of Skill at just 55-56 (This is including the +5 stats from the Summoner boost). Everyone knows you need around 60 scaled Skill. (At least that is what people been telling me) It feels like my Youkai, any Youkai I summon has a lack of being able to hit. Can this be altered somehow?
That's been a problem with Youkai itself for a time, and has already been discussed. The verdict was them getting a rework at some time in the future, so wait warmly.

Or go Priest with Restrain Staff.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Surprisingly thats a very high amount of SKI for most youkai lol, I would say the numbers you're looking at is what their SKI should be (They shouldnt be as strong as players), and instead I'd rather see Summoner as a base class be able to grant it's youkai hit rate somehow, likely through a passive, or even tie it to their aspects.
It is actually a pretty high amount of skill.
My only recommendations would be. . . Heron with the hit boosting global song.
Taking advantage of flanking when you can. . .
Being a bonder, since Synchro summon's +6 to all gives you +12 hit. Remember that non player characters don't have diminishing returns!
If you're a spellthief you can also give invisible weapon to your little minions.

Keep in mind all youkai weapons have 85-90 hit!
And all scale with 100% Str. . .

The poor fairies have like. . .26 skill?

Summoners are still real strong. But I wish the summons were stronger, and the passives were weaker personally.

Not ideal, but we're waiting for the rework at some point! And you still have Suzaku and Sazae-Oni for unevadables. (High guile youkai can also be good with flanking)
Isn't this just proving why Shapeshifter is good while actually Youkais are bad?
As someone who mains gs and bonder and not shapeshifter, nah. They're all still good.
You just gotta know which youkai are *complete* dogshit, and which ones are only *mostly* dogshit.
And then there's a few that are just genuinely fine/good.

Ascended Suzaku is your best friend as a summoner.
If any Youkai are that bad then they need buffs. With the fact Sesaku has an evade ignoring attack is good but it is something either more then 2 Youkai require at this rate or the entire system needs to be redone.
Yes and its going to be redone, eventually, or at least Dev has said he plans to rework summoners. We won't really be getting changes until then.