Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trait - Persistence of Normalcy
Increase the HP to 200, while additionally granting 100 FP, 15 Base Evade, Armor and Magic Armor. (Only HP should double if monoclassing Base classes, oops.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
15 base evade armor and magic armor are definitely not okay. You still get 200 hp if you're the same unpromoted class twice.
I think its supposed to be neat, not actually game defining and good, which is fine with me.

I think of it as something i'd do if I made a child character.

Buffing the hp is maybe fine, I guess, to me. But really I have no problem with how it currently is.
I think the normalcy traits have very worryingly overpowered raw stat buffs already, with decent enough downsides to make it not as appealing as you'd think, keep in mind you can take both normalcy traits, they're both just free stats, I'd rather not see base classes just end up so disgustingly powerful it becomes a meta, that'd be rather silly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Autumn's post:
  • JamOfBoy
Doing some numbers on this-

Normalcy rogue/archer with 55 scaled luck. That's easy to do. Let's say you're playing a corbie.

You have extra stat points so you dump stat into cel until you have 160 base dodge.

You then get five from dodger in rogue. Now you're at 165 base dodge. You get 15 from this trait. Now you're at 180 base dodge.

You can use fortune wind to get 32 dodge. Stay in air for 15 more. You're at 47. And then you could either use southern wind or a sarashi gi.

You are now at 230 dodge. With warning shot on the enemy, you have effectively 245 dodge without much risk at all.

Definitely not okay.
[-] The following 1 user Likes caliaca's post:
  • JamOfBoy
The cost of better skills for more RAW potential, I mean they don't seem overally broken +4 stats and +100 HP, that doesn't seem much for using base classes unless you double up but is the +8 ignoring soft cap like APTness?
I've already seen a return of dodge-tanks with the Normalcy traits and I'd rather not see much worse from it.

No.
number 1 GTer EU
Maybe to counter balance this promoted class abilities are made stronger then none-promtoed class skills?
(02-22-2023, 08:06 PM)firehawk11 Wrote: Maybe to counter balance this promoted class abilities are made stronger then none-promtoed class skills?

I feel as if this would almost certainly be power creep.
[-] The following 1 user Likes caliaca's post:
  • JamOfBoy
We don't need dev buffing already cracked promotions either. . . I Think these traits are in a fine place personally.
(02-22-2023, 10:57 PM)renowner Wrote: We don't need dev buffing already cracked promotions either. . . I Think these traits are in a fine place personally.
Thank you