Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Forceful Exorcist
New Trait for Reaper and Apertaurus.

Upon reducing a character's HP to zero (except in spars), you forcefully exorcise all spirits currently possessing them, ignoring any effects from items, traits, or skills that would prevent this.

Give our bone-horned friends some love, I beg you.

Edit:
For clarity, since there seems to be some confusion:
This does not alter HOW spirits are lost. Having your HP reduced to 0 outside of a spar by ANY MEANS will cause you to lose spirits. This trait simply serves as a guarantee that your target/victim will lose spirits if they have any form of spirit-loss mitigation, such as a Frosted Dog Collar, the Amalgama Trait, or the newly introduced all-race Trait.
number 1 GTer EU
[-] The following 4 users Like JamOfBoy's post:
  • Autumn, Poruku, Pyro, Shadbase
Winning a fight, MAYBE. Still not a huge fan. Just dropping hp to 0 though, not a fan even more.
Given this is their job and it is something that was mitigated rather recently, I do agree with this actually.
I absoutley love the idea, from an RP standpoint...

But as an lazy ass, who likes gathering 5 big cluster black spirits of the same racism kind? It only just makes me grind spirits again for basically forever, And I do not think I want that as a flavour...Cause its a shitty taste to regrind, if you know what I mean.

I rather get an IC punishment, than an OOC one.
(02-23-2023, 03:30 PM)renowner Wrote: Winning a fight, MAYBE. Still not a huge fan. Just dropping hp to 0 though, not a fan even more.

This is how losing spirits works in game right now, though. All this trait does is enforce that you lose spirits if the person who defeats you has this trait, even if you have the recently-introduced trait that prevents this, or the Amalgama only trait that does the same thing.
number 1 GTer EU
Yeah, and you also should keep in mind that it tends to take 3-4 weeks of actively searching to get the perfect sweet of mass black souls on a character trying to use them, and that holy is already extremely powerful against people using souls in the first place.

I don't think it really adds much to the game at all. If you were going to force them to release their spirits, you can do that roleplay-wise anyway.
[-] The following 2 users Like renowner's post:
  • Sawrock, Shujin
You actually can't! You cannot be held at gunpoint to release your spirits RP-wise, because all you have to do is RP it, and you don't have to give up your spirits, and literally nobody is going to use the holy enchant unless they have the most violently IC build allowed.

I'm all for Jam's suggestion. Spirits are exceedingly powerful tools that should be risk and reward. You risk losing them, and you risk being charged by exorcists for your use in exchange for dozens of different advances that other people don't take or can't take. This only makes it so you can actually -be- punished for using them since most people who use spirits aren't the type who're just going to lose them randomly in a dungeon somewhere.
[Image: 5HkCz2Q.png]
[Image: s0bdkqm.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Shadbase's post:
  • JamOfBoy
We should make spirit users quiver in fear. I say it's not enough. Give them a buff to damage too
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poruku's post:
  • Shadbase
I'd actually much rather it be a small damage buff.

Having to re get spirits is just a punishment in tedium rather than anything real.
(02-23-2023, 10:42 PM)Poruku Wrote: We should make spirit users quiver in fear. I say it's not enough. Give them a buff to damage too

Reaper and Apertaurus already have an innate +10% damage modifier against Possessed.

From their racial passive, Soul Guide:

Reapers are the agents of Lazarus with a duty to help guide the souls of the lost to it. As such, they are particularly skilled at dealing with those of the Possessed race, dealing +10% damage to them.
number 1 GTer EU