Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spirit Hell
Spirit Shell is currently not a very useful trait since the introduction of Ghost Entertainer and the buff to make it more widely accessible to the masses, while this is ultimately a good decision as losing spirits is hell enough and I am glad to have this on other characters, it does leave Spirit Shell in a spot where it is currently not all that useful, you can effectively think of it as a trait that saves you a little bit of Talent Points since you only have to go to 4 Spiritualism and not 7.

I think that Attune Grudge should be adjusted so this request is in assumption that it would be adjusted but here goes.

Spirit Shell needs some sort of unique benefit for the Amalgama, something that makes them the definitive Spirit Race, it could be a number of things that could be added to the passive and I'd be happy, just about anything really, but one particular benefit I had in mind was:

Quote:Spirit Shell

For every White Spirit you are hosting, you may additionally host a Black Spirit as well, and vice versa.

This would be intended to make it so that Amalgama can have both 5 White and 5 Black spirits, it would also pump up Spirit Shot to be 30 on-hit damage instead of 15, which isn't even too strange of a buff to give it either.

If you wanted to give it a small QoL buff too, you could also make it so that it grants all the benefits of the Spiritualism talent, so you aren't a race that is required to spend talent points to access your core gimmick.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
[-] The following 3 users Like Autumn's post:
  • caliaca, Poruku, Trexmaster
Yea after discussing this a lot with Autumn I'm a big fan.

They're a race that sacrifices a lot to function. You have to pay a massive amount of murai to get your racials, you have an hp tax and a healing tax.

In exchange you get a slew of mediocre to bad passives and one very very good one that only applies about 5 to 10% of the time (it does however slap hard af that 5%). Amalgama needs help for everyone who doesn't wanna play attune grudge to function.

Spirit shell is pointless now.

I've proposed removing the current attune grudge usage and instead have it affect all races at 10% of the specific effectiveness instead. There's also the idea it only doubles one spirit.

Whatever nerf we need for it to get the rest of amalgama some help would be great.

Playing a penalized race with a bad stat line isn't fun when even your op passive only rarely works. Let's give em something cool and thematic.