Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Youkai Verso pt.2
This skews slightly off-topic but I believe it still hits somewhat on-base:

I imagine the cap was meant as a safety net to prevent lag spikes from a large amount of mobs on the field at once. The way I imagine it currently working is that it serves as a workaround for not needing to devote more points into Faith (unsure if the Youkai cap goes off Scaled or Unscaled Faith, for the post I'm assuming it's Scaled) to the point it's painful.

Although I don't see much harm in it at the present moment, the idea of more monsters on-field leads to me have concerns of how all the mercenaries, capped amount of Youkai and the max amount of Detained Beasts would play out at once in the new GR Batch. . .

Either way, I'm not really for or against this being a thing.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
The number of mobs on the battlefield isn't a concern beyond the turn order display running off the screen (although I may have already accounted for that when I made it, I'm not sure.). In theory all battles use the same amount of CPU since there's only one person taking their turn at once; the only instance it might spike is when applying damage to lots of targets, but I don't think it'd be a large amount of difference.

Although it would be interesting to test that myself by having two parties of 25 Black Beasts fight it out against each other and see what if anything wrinkles. But that's a bit off topic. The main reason the limit was imposed is because without it summoners get a lot of free power every time new Youkai are added; an extra 2 free skills and a situational install, not to mention two warm bodies for their armies.

I don't know if changing Vorso in this way would make Summoners too overbearing or not but it's a definite maybe, plus I think it would make Vorso a relatively mandatory item for Summoners. I try to avoid that when possible.