Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Immobilize] Sand, Vines, Thorns, and Seeds
I did suggest a method of avoiding perma locking by preventing the status from being reapplied while it is already up. What I would prefer are more counters for it in the form of equips, battle items or skills but I just think immunity would be going too far. It needs to remain as an option to keep high mobility builds in check, just like silence for example exists to counter spell casters. If you really have a build that cannot do anything if inflicted with one status effect then you probably need to go back to the drawing board or just accept that certain builds are going to be countered by others. Having strategies which have counter-strategies which then in turn have their own counter-strategies is what keeps the game's combat system fun and interesting.

I'll restate though, blacksand is the the overbearing one here. Paired almost exclusively with hexer which gives you the infliction chance. It gives you decent damage, locks people down in the perfect range for you to go through the dictionary of status inflicts and hexes. Oh and it scales off a tank stat further screwing the classes that immobilize hurts the most.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]

Messages In This Thread