Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Korvara Playerbase Division Concern
(02-06-2022, 07:00 PM)Tana Wrote: Ultimately, if I'm still playing by the time Korvara comes out, I'm definitely making a character for it and already part of a group. I also do think Korvara should stay locked off for a long time. Like, six months, minimum. Even if I'm worried about potential hits to the playerbase, I genuinely really like the idea.

The only issue I'd see here is actually the length of time. Six months is a stretch, and standing in other people's shoes like Shujin's? Thats just saying to them; 'You must wait this long to experience your character's fresh start' Not really fair for them or anyone. Rather it comes down to circumstance. Like say, how long it actually takes for Korvara to establish it's inner working with every faction and beyond that, understanding of respectful systems put in place. By all means, I still think mechanical power by terms of player level, Legend extensions and equipment is meaningless to a degree. However, I also still believe some restriction is needed to be put in place for what can be carried over if anything. (Equipment, consumables, craft materials.) Korvara being a fresh start, should also be a fresh start to some degree for existing characters should they commit to the decision of traveling over with of course being the exception of their IC. 

What does come over is the characters lore, and of course they bring with them the knowledge of the Six. It's more interesting than lets say a Korvara character coming over to the Great Six, but it holds the same meaning. Either way, that's something that should be dealt with in game with rp. Some might call this person crazy for sharing knowledge of an outside world etc. We can keep it kosher if handled in that perspective.

TDLR; I believe six months is too long a wait, but believe a minimum of two is required.

Messages In This Thread
Korvara Playerbase Division Concern - by Poruku - 02-03-2022, 08:58 PM
RE: Korvara Playerbase Division Concern - by Tana - 02-03-2022, 09:04 PM
RE: Korvara Playerbase Division Concern - by Tana - 02-06-2022, 07:00 PM
RE: Korvara Playerbase Division Concern - by HaTeD - 02-06-2022, 07:13 PM