Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Immobilize] Sand, Vines, Thorns, and Seeds
At the very least Quicksand can be given a considerable cooldown, its damage is equivalent to Isendo, its range is pretty short all things considered but still has range, and is an AoE comparatively to Thornshooter. (Which has to pass a hit/crit check)
I still believe it needs an Immunity because what you're suggesting is pretty much the same as giving them the 2 rounds to do something. The simple answer to this problem is to nerf kiters ability to run across the map if that's truly your problem . Example, give one momentum movement ability 2 CD instead of 1, stuff like cobra wings serpent, Accel and so on. Reduce charge retreating swipe to 4-5 tiles, 6-7 with the wind badge so they can't constantly charge run up and slash back to the edges of the map. So people that abuses immobilize can't anymore due to the Immunity and kiters won't need to be perma cc to fight. Two bird one stone.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
Senna post_id=36195 time=1555793636 user_id=2036 Wrote:I still believe it needs an Immunity because what you're suggesting is pretty much the same as giving them the 2 rounds to do something. The simple answer to this problem is to nerf kiters ability to run across the map if that's truly your problem . Example, give one momentum movement ability 2 CD instead of 1, stuff like cobra wings serpent, Accel and so on. Reduce charge retreating swipe to 4-5 tiles, 6-7 with the wind badge so they can't constantly charge run up and slash back to the edges of the map. So people that abuses immobilize can't anymore due to the Immunity and kiters won't need to be perma cc to fight. Two bird one stone.

We shouldn't remove a strategy's counter and then nerf that strategy too. That just leads to a more simpler and less interesting game.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
I'm not sure if someone perma locking you in place, so all you can do is end turn if you're not a mage, Curate or Archer class is interesting. If anything, that's cancerous. I'm not sure if someone charging up to you then loldashing back to the edge of the map on repeat is interesting, if you lack long range movement bonuses like charge and shi, or archer class. Not even mage or Curate can help since they normally run DH, silence or MR bonus, lol. I've fought many kiters before and I can tell you, it ain't fun, lol. I've only fought ONE fun kiter and that's because he did something interesting with smoke and robots.
[Image: BAWqB6P.png]
[Image: fa5d9fd2e3f77f27206bb134638b5f28.png]
I did suggest a method of avoiding perma locking by preventing the status from being reapplied while it is already up. What I would prefer are more counters for it in the form of equips, battle items or skills but I just think immunity would be going too far. It needs to remain as an option to keep high mobility builds in check, just like silence for example exists to counter spell casters. If you really have a build that cannot do anything if inflicted with one status effect then you probably need to go back to the drawing board or just accept that certain builds are going to be countered by others. Having strategies which have counter-strategies which then in turn have their own counter-strategies is what keeps the game's combat system fun and interesting.

I'll restate though, blacksand is the the overbearing one here. Paired almost exclusively with hexer which gives you the infliction chance. It gives you decent damage, locks people down in the perfect range for you to go through the dictionary of status inflicts and hexes. Oh and it scales off a tank stat further screwing the classes that immobilize hurts the most.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
Just 1 round of immunity to give the one being locked down enough breathing room is enough to make people think it's going to affect combat heavily? Immobilize often goes for 2 rounds.

14M wasted if you can't do anything else as nobody is in your range. And that can be reapplied indefinitely, so 21M, then 28M, then 35M wasted. It's way too good.

What miffs me is that Grapple was the only form of Immobilize and 'Kiting counter' that was balanced, since it was not reliable and put you in melee range, but #ThanksShaitanbama.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]