Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engineer Deploy: X's Skill Points
The mechs are very strong. Very strong.
However them being strong doesn't mean a class should need to spend 20 skill points to get them all maxed up. I think its a seperate issue entirely from mech rebalancing.
(05-30-2023, 05:54 PM)renowner Wrote: The mechs are  very strong. Very strong.
However them being strong doesn't mean a class should need to spend 20 skill points to get them all maxed up. I think its a seperate issue entirely from mech rebalancing.

Disagree.

Right now the skills are a pretty good investment for Destiny and a shit investment for non-destiny. If we could switch it up and have it be 5 points for destiny and 3 points for non-destiny I'd take that as a reasonable balancing option, but that's not a thing. Rather than make it easier to spec into, why not just put it to the level of strength that is demonstrably actually effective.
Medibot has literally 300 hp for 3m and 50 fp at rank 1.

They're strong.

But they also die in 1 hit by certain builds (See: any build with damage).

They also have 3 movement, and Medibot doesn't even have Delivery to use it's shit at range...
They die in 1 hit by certain builds, die in effecitvely 0 hits by builds with good AoE, offer other builds a distinct advantage (tactician/ST with titan gale, ghosts, etc), and really in that way are situational at best.

But you're right that they're strong. For 3 momentum, 50 focus, good positioning, and a few turns of delay you can get roughly half as much healing as a well optimized malmelo. For one skill point, that's not bad. But medibot is also the only bot that does its job well on one skill point.
I have a lot to disagree with, on so much about that, but it'd be off topic. To get back on topic i'll just say:

Yeah. They probably shouldn't each cost 5 points.
I have yet to see railgan and metalaegis not be useful beyond some glass cannon setup just blowing its burst on them.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water