Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blazing sol duration tweak
Currently blazing sol's duration is 1 per 2 sol charge spent. There is a slight issue with it however, half its benefits are tied to start of turn, meaning spending 1-3 charges is pointless as the status will only have 1 duration and expire before any benefit can be acquired.

My suggestions to ease this pain point is one or both of the following

A) change the duration to 1+1 per 2 sol charges

B) upon use with atleast 2 sol charges, gain the effects of blazing sol as if the round had just started.
Yeah, either one of those would be good
Sure, lets do it
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Using Blazing Sol with 2/3 charges isn't useless, it still locks your Solcharges until the end of the turn; which lets you double up on 2-3 cost Solcharge skills.

I don't think I like either of these options. If you increase the duration, you're giving already really powerful buffs another turn (4 turns of 10% ele pierce, 15% mag dr/phys dr or 2 stacks of Combination Fighter); if you make it activate once you start using it, Wall gains more value if you go first.

If it had to be one, I'd go with B).
(08-19-2024, 11:48 PM)Miller Wrote: Using Blazing Sol with 2/3 charges isn't useless, it still locks your Solcharges until the end of the turn; which lets you double up on 2-3 cost Solcharge skills.

I don't think I like either of these options. If you increase the duration, you're giving already really powerful buffs another turn (4 turns of 10% ele pierce, 15% mag dr/phys dr or 2 stacks of Combination Fighter); if you make it activate once you start using it, Wall gains more value if you go first.

If it had to be one, I'd go with B).
it would only be 3 turns of of duration really with 1+1 per 2 charges

currently spending blazing sol with 1-3 charges immediately ends the status on the next turn, without ever benefiting from the buff bonus.

with a extra duration 1-3 charges becomes a 2 round buff, ticks down to 1 on next turn, falls off turn after, and you only get 1 turn with the buff bonus.

at 6 charges you'd only benefit from 3 rounds with the buff bonus.
(08-19-2024, 11:58 PM)Lolzytripd Wrote: it would only be 3 turns of of duration really with 1+1 per 2 charges

The first one is true yes, it's an extra turn on powerful buffs and free holy aura regardless.

As for everything else:
As I said earlier, using Blazing Sol with only 1-3 charges isn't pointless because it locks your Solcharges in place, which means it can be a valuable set up tool that saves you a lot of momentum if you don't mind the FP cost and the following cooldown.
The only suggestion I can make is to have it behave like poison/burn does where it ticks the status effects before expiring, that way someone doesn't use it to immediately gain 1m mobility from speed of light in the span of a single turn.

That'd give use to the 1 duration status beyond just popping a bunch of buffs.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
(08-20-2024, 02:42 AM)Autumn Wrote: The only suggestion I can make is to have it behave like poison/burn does where it ticks the status effects before expiring, that way someone doesn't use it to immediately gain 1m mobility from speed of light in the span of a single turn.

That'd give use to the 1 duration status beyond just popping a bunch of buffs.
this would be fine I suppose, having it proc like poison/burn