Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
elemental katanas kinda suck, man
As everyone who has looked at Kensei knows...

Elemental katanas have a massive disparity between them. Raijin, Braver, Hisen. They're the top of the class and have been for a while because the elemental katanas (essentially every other type of katana worth talking about) aren't very good even without these contenders. But if we look at JUST Raijin, it's simply BETTER than its competitors in the elemental class (even after recent nerfs.)

So I will propose some changes for the current state of the elemental katanas. I really don't think their respective sheath swords should be locked behind potential, and furthermore, I won't touch what the sheath swords do because that's not what I want to talk about. There is a common theme of increasing their scalings, however, and I aim to open up combos through swapping swords.

Quote:Yukijin
9 Power
85% Accuracy
0% Critical
10 Weight
Finesse
70% STR, 40% SKI
Sub Type: Katana

On Hit: Deals magic Ice damage equal to 50% of your Ice ATK, which ignores armor.

- 25% Wind Resistance

Always treated as enchanted with 'Kraken' for elemental impact effects.

Skill: Ice Lily

The Kensei skill Hidden Cut's effect changes in the following ways; Damage becomes Ice magic damage. Monsters who are defeated by this effect turn into Ice Points and create Ice Sheets in a 2 Range diamond around themself, which last for 3 rounds each (The LV for the Ice Point created is 10).

Potential Skill: Elemental Imbibement

You drink deep of the arcane essence flowing through your blade. Upon defeating an enemy with Sheath Sword, the user gains +2 LV of 'Kraken' enchantment and 5% ice resistance for 3 rounds. This increases for every enemy defeated through this method. You leave LV = 50% of Ice ATK Ice tiles in your wake that last for 3 rounds.

Quote:Kouenjin
9 Power
85% Accuracy
0% Critical
10 Weight
Finesse
70% STR, 40% SKI

On Hit: Deals magic Fire damage equal to 50% of your Fire ATK, which ignores armor.

- 25% Ice Resistance

Always treated as enchanted with 'Nerhaven' for elemental impact effects.

Skill: Crimson Lotus

Kouenjin's Skill. The Kensei skill Hidden Cut's effect changes in the following ways; Damage becomes Fire magic damage. Monsters who are defeated by this effect explode, knocking away field objects and dealing Fire magic damage equal to Hidden Cut's damage in a 3 range circle around them.

You drink deep of the arcane essence flowing through your blade. Upon defeating an enemy with Sheath Sword, the user gains +2 LV of 'Nerhaven' enchantment for 3 rounds. This increases for every enemy defeated through this method. You leave LV = 50% of Fire ATK Cinder tiles in your wake that last for 3 rounds.
Quote:Raijin
9 Power
85% Accuracy
0% Critical
10 Weight
Electrical
70% STR, 40% LUC

On Hit: Deals magic Lightning damage equal to 50% of your Lightning ATK, which ignores armor. 10% Lightning Resistance

- 25% Fire Resistance

Always treated as enchanted with 'Redgull' for elemental impact effects.

Skill: Kuuga

Raijin's Skill. The Kensei skill Hidden Cut's effect changes in following ways; Damage becomes Lightning magic, and can Lightning Critical.

You drink deep of the arcane essence flowing through your blade. Upon defeating an enemy with Sheath Sword, the user gains +2 LV of 'Redgull' enchantment for 3 rounds. This increases for every enemy defeated through this method. You leave LV = 50% of Lightning ATK Static tiles in your wake that last for 3 rounds.

Quote:Akuijin
9 Power
85% Accuracy
0% Critical
10 Weight
Finesse
70% STR, 40% SKI

On hit: Deals magic Darkness damage equal to 50% of your Dark ATK, which ignores armor.

10% Dark Resistance

Skill: Dark Moon

Akuijin's Skill. The Kensei skill Hidden Cut's effect changes in the following ways; Damage becomes Dark Magic damage. Monsters who are defeated by this effect melt, becoming Dark Water tiles in a 2 range circle for 3 rounds.

Potential Skill: Total Eclipse

Darkness drips from your blade in full. Upon activation of Sheath Sword, the user gains +2 RES, +5 Dark ATK, and 5% Dark Resistance for 3 rounds. Additionally, when you perform Sheath Sword, the screen darkens. When you are under the effects of Total Eclipse, boost Kensei skill damage by +10 and turns their damage into Dark. You leave Dark Water tiles in your wake that last for 2 rounds.

Quote:Sanjin
9 Power
85% Accuracy
5% Critical
10 Weight
Serpentine
70% STR, 40% GUI

On Hit: Deals magic Acid damage equal to 50% of your Acid ATK, which ignores armor.

10% Acid Resistance
10% Poison Resistance

Skill: Mossy Grave

Sanjin's Skill. The Kensei skill Hidden Cut's effect changes in the following ways; Damage becomes Acid magic damage. Monsters who are defeated by this effect melt, becoming LV 30 Poison Pool tiles in a 2 Range circle for 3 rounds.

Potential Skill: Nameless Instinct

You feel the gaze of someone or something watching you. Upon activation of Sheath Sword, the user gains +2 GUI, +5 Acid ATK, and 5% Acid and Poison Resistance for 3 rounds. When you are under the effects of Nameless Instinct, boost Kensei Skills by +10 and add 50% of Acid ATK as bonus damage. You leave LV = 50% of Acid ATK Poison tiles in your wake that last for 3 rounds.
[-] The following 6 users Like Pyro's post:
  • Balor, Fern, K Peculier, Poruku, Snake, the homestuck man himself
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22bJWo0WzjI
[Image: giphy.gif]
I forgot to include the elemental effects for the fire and lightning sword.
Oops.
Hot damn that is steamy.

I like.
I still argue that on top of something like this

Kouenjin should just scale flat 100% strength

Sanjin should be Guile/Finesse for that 70% guile, 30% skill

Yukijin should be Cold+Dextria ice for 40% str, 70% skiill

Raijin should be Electrical+Dextria lightning for 40% str, 70% luc

Akujin should be Darkness+ Dextria dark for 40% str, 70% res.
She sheathe my sword till I kuuga
Honestly, for me, the only thing I'd change about this is maybe make all of the sheath swords a little more 'equal'.. Idk how, but other than Raijin, most of them are basically only useful in pve, and useful is a strong word. I'm not sure how-- I just know Raijin has a clear leg up, and I don't think it needs nerfing- I think the others just need better sheath effects to match it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Asellia's post:
  • MothEnthusiast, Ray2064
Yeah for sure. On-kill effects should all be replaced with direct effects, and if it kills then the effect is doubled or something. I mean what's the point of creating special tiles when the guy is dead already
At this point with the discussion going the way it is, I feel it fitting to link a thread I had up on the very same subject, rather recently too.

https://neus-projects.net/forums/showthr...=10428&