Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Placeable Mirrors
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6669#p6669 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:46 pm[/url]"]I can see why this will never happen, and probably can agree.

> "House that says, "Free Mirror".

> Never have to go to Dormeho, Oniga, Chaturanga, Lispool, etc again and pay 100 murai.

Congratulations, you killed a murai sink.

I'm not really against the suggestion, but I can see why it shouldn't be added, either.

You're going under the assumption that:

The person has a point in fluency.
The person actually reads the sign.
And anyone actually cares to put that on their house's sign instead of leaving it to say, "This sign is boring!"

(and if you know the house has a mirror stand in it, you probably know the owner of the house which means you can easily get one anyway)

Besides, you'd only have the choices of A. leaving it in your house or B. taking it out with you. Or you can buy another portable mirror (potential for more money in Dev's pocket).

And that can already happen, just put a sign that says "Free Mirror" next to a chest with a portable mirror. This just allows more people to use it at once and to make sure it isn't stolen (or someone forgets to return it) from you.

When I thought up this suggestion, I was thinking it could be used in areas where events (such as CE's beach party) or if you have house mates and you're doing something special (such as pajama nights or if your place is a store of some sort and your workers can get dressed there). Adding a 100 murai use on it seems pretty much just moving them from their places on the world to your house (even if most people who do use mirrors have thousands of murai to spend).
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
I don't see the logic behind your friends letting you borrow something, or buying one for you justifies a reason to basically "take" money from Dev.

Kavoir's suggestion about it costing 100 murai is fine, if this gets implemented, because you can't use Fluency as an excuse when anyone can metagame it, ask their friend, or have their friend tell them where it is. Plus, when it's an OOC measure, it's not even really metagame to go, "hey I know where I can jip the game out of my money to use a mirror".

If your housemates need to borrow it that bad, then ask the person who owns i to distribute it between them. If CE wants to host a party, use the money you built up to allow people to change outfits in one of the on map mirrors. Or do the first suggestion.

There's not really much argument for going, "I want to give everyone access to a free mirror whenever they want so they don't have to pay for it or buy one from the donation shop". That kind of defeats the purpose of having them on the map or in the donation shop.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
Literally why are you bitching Ryu.

It's an aesthetic choice that allows people to change clothing. In houses. Free, or otherwise. Someone spent the money for the house. And the mirror. Which means Dev got donation money. It is literally no different than going "Hey friend I need to change my clothes"

"Okay friend, here use my mirror for free."

"Thanks friend! I got a free change of clothes, have your mirror back!"

It's literally the exact same thing except removing the hassle/bullshit factor of it. How can you be opposed to this whatsoever.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6689#p6689 Wrote:Rendar » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:10 pm[/url]"]Literally why are you bitching Ryu.

It's an aesthetic choice that allows people to change clothing. In houses. Free, or otherwise. Someone spent the money for the house. And the mirror. Which means Dev got donation money. It is literally no different than going "Hey friend I need to change my clothes"

"Okay friend, here use my mirror for free."

"Thanks friend! I got a free change of clothes, have your mirror back!"

It's literally the exact same thing except removing the hassle/bullshit factor of it. How can you be opposed to this whatsoever.

Why are you bitching about me apparently bitching? Wow shoot a man for having an opinion, right?

It's not the same, at all. It's a factor of convenience, which is the main reason mirrors were never a free HUD item in the first place. Portable Donation items are there for the sake of convenience. It's not the same thing as trading something you own to people. Essentially by definition, yes. By technicality? No. And I don't feel like writing you a book to explain it either, go figure that part out on your own.

Let's say hypothetically this existed at the start of the game. One person buys, one house, with one mirror, open for the whole game to use, much like the treasure ball warehouse that was obtained through a bug. Guess what? Now we don't need anymore mirrors because there's a public free one that anyone can use. Which means, nobody needs to buy them anymore. Well then why don't we just make all mirrors free? That's the same thing pretty much.

Mirrors weren't put on map and made free for a reason, but I guess that reason is invalidated all because people are too cheap to dish out $1 (or 100 murai that costs you nothing out of your real life pocket) for themself or their friends.

Why am I opposed to it? Because maybe I have some decency enough to respect the guy who puts in his time and money not to short change him all the hard work he does.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.

Let's also keep in mind that not everyone has a bank account, due to age (not everyone on BYOND is 14+), personal reasons, or parental reasons (I wasn't allowed a bank account until I got a job, at 16), as well as --
[Image: H17d0WN.png]

So wanting to say people with those limitations are shit out of luck, is indeed, kinda stupid.

EDIT: First person that wants to say $5 isn't a lot can come pay my bills and college tuition. #RamenLife
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6693#p6693 Wrote:Mivereous » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:27 pm[/url]"]Let's also keep in mind that not everyone has a bank account, due to age (not everyone on BYOND is 14+), personal reasons, or parental reasons (I wasn't allowed a bank account until I got a job, at 16), as well as --
[Image: H17d0WN.png]

So wanting to say people with those limitations are shit out of luck, is indeed, kinda stupid.

EDIT: First person that wants to say $5 isn't a lot can come pay my bills and college tuition. #RamenLife

Ask a friend to buy / give you one. I have bills to pay, a shitty car, minimum wage job, and I still have 12,000 Asagorians I got with my own money. Or, dish out 100 murai which costs you nothing but time, and walk your fat lazy mage go there butt to a mirror on the map which is the reason they're there for.

So let's see. The only listed reasons why it shouldn't be implemented is

1. People that will choose to visit some player house instead of going to one of the avaible mirrors in Dormeho and wherever the fuck else they could be. - Saving less than a minute of time. Solved by fee of 100 murai.
2. Killing money sink. - Solved by fee of 100 murai.
3. Stealing devs mone- what the fuck are you on.

I'm all in for this suggestion!
I think this topic has run its course. Can we get a lock, please?
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
Yeah, I just see a lot of back and forth and not a lot of progress.

Locked.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]