Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Overload] Over-calm the heck down
Overload's too powerful, and in the past plenty of people have asked for Overload to be ranked up instead of being an easy-to-charge Rank D invocation. I propose this to be done, because there's really (barely) such thing as a character who doesn't have several stat modifiers on at the same time, -especially- in battle. Feel free to suggest and discuss. I'm outtie.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
Yes, I agree. Since there is rarely a time when a classes passive abilities will -not- give the player stat modifiers on the start of battle. Stat modifiers in this game are a lot more auto-placed on you than merely activated on your own accord. It feels a bit silly that just about anyone who decides to passively boost up their class gets fried instantly the moment Overload is introduced. I honestly think it should work more towards people who actively boost up their characters with as many stat modifiers as possible.

Perhaps substitute Stat mods, for Positive Status effects and change the bonus damage to plus 10?
as I've said before, most level 60 players will have 24-30 'stat mods' automatically. that's a lot of extra damage.
If it were any higher rank, no one would use it, I guarantee you.

Perhaps lowering the damage or changing it to stat-buffs would make more sense.
I say we cap it like we did with Ether Invitation. That's a much simpler way to go about it. Especially since right now Mechanations can get hit for way over 2000 damage.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
To get hit with a 2000 damage overload, you would need to stack stats/weaknesses specifically to get yourself mauled.

Also, when Overload was weaker, it was overshadowed by a Mind-Charged Ryemei, sans-crit.
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2054#p2054 Wrote:MegaBlues » Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:55 pm[/url]"]To get hit with a 2000 damage overload, you would need to stack stats/weaknesses specifically to get yourself mauled.

Also, when Overload was weaker, it was overshadowed by a Mind-Charged Ryemei, sans-crit.

It still kind of is. I heard people preferring Ryemei all the time now.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
I wouldn't prefer a MC Ryemei, because of dat Reflect Mirror
Capping the damage sounds good.
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
You might as well cap all the invocations, then.
In all seriousness, though I don't think capping any invocation is a good idea. At all.
[Image: XVa5SaQ.png]