Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bombs
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2126#p2126 Wrote:Lolzytripd » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:07 pm[/url]"]skill doesn't make much sense really unless you were the crafter.

You're absolutely right, it should scale with Strength, Willpower, Celerity, Luck, Defense, Vitality, Resistance, and Faith because those make way more sense./s

The point is making it scale because the damage is pitiful. Skill is the best contender for it, makes a lot more sense than other stats, fits the theme of Engi well (they already have a skill for bombs too), and Engis just so happen to have good amounts of skill growth. (do we have to nitpick over something that shouldn't need much of an explanation?)
I'm still in disagreeance. This is an item we're talking about, not a skill. You shouldn't have bigger boom bombs than someone just because your SKI is higher when you didn't even craft it.

I think making the damage unresistable is fine.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
People with High Skill know where to roll/throw the bomb to make it hurt more. Or if its a sticky bomb, they know where to throw it to instagib.
health potions scale on your hp
Guns scale on your skill and will.
The fire damage from using a magmic weapon scales on your will.

You're being obtuse as fuck.
if it scaled on player level or monster level, bombs would do a decent amount of damage at all levels, instead of being OP at low levels or only usable at high level.

it would even make goblin spearys a worthy enemy.

regular bombs are 8-16 magic fire damage

if +1 per level at 60
it would 68-76 magic fire damage

+20 from engineer

88-96 at best, which is not OP land
Iffy on the whole damage ordeal there, but so far could maybe see its scaling in some way, shape, or form so it would be around that damage. -Maybe-. Bombs would actually have some relevant use if they could get rid of ice tiles, if (possibly) other types of bombs could be made (i.e, poison bombs), or if the damage scaled with Skill, or on matter of level. Though, Skill would be a more preferable scaling for bombs. Makes sense all around, especially if an engineer for reasons already stated.

Though I'm also surprised I haven't read a single thing about the actual blast-range from a bomb being changed, as it's practically easy to outrun and move away from. Even for PvE standards, a mob that moves just a small few tiles away can avoid it entirely. The matter's made worse as you can only throw a bomb when targeting an enemy. So, you really can't attempt to throw them freely to be strategic about the entire endeavor (unless changed recently in an update; been a while since using one.)

So, hopefully/maybe implication for thought? Not just buffing damage in some variant but actually giving them some type of possible strategic use other than the straight-forward application?
[Image: PersonalNecessaryArmyworm-size_restricted.gif]
Dyrnwyn, ERUPT, and IGNITE!
Why not just have higher tier bombs? We can still have them deal non scaling static damage, just provide higher tier bombs that do more damage. We could have the stronger ones craft only and need better materials to prevent low level people chucking them around.

Also a variety of bomb types would be nice.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2293#p2293 Wrote:Argonus » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:55 pm[/url]"]Why not just have higher tier bombs? We can still have them deal non scaling static damage, just provide higher tier bombs that do more damage. We could have the stronger ones craft only and need better materials to prevent low level people chucking them around.

Because anybody with a red letter or enough fire resist could easily invalidate them and they'd make normal bombs useless. This is more of a suggestion to make the PvP / PvE element more useful, instead of trying to overshadow it with new shiny things.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2296#p2296 Wrote:Ryu-Kazuki » Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:05 pm[/url]"]Because anybody with a red letter or enough fire resist could easily invalidate them and they'd make normal bombs useless. This is more of a suggestion to make the PvP / PvE element more useful, instead of trying to overshadow it with new shiny things.
Thank you for confirming that Red Letter and Fire resist are working properly, Ryu. We didn't know that Fire could be invalidated by Red Letter and enough Fire resist. Now explain to us how Ryemei gets shunted by Spirit Mirror and invalidated by enough Lightning resist, and how Ice damage can be rendered useless by anyone with a Circle Ring.

And then I'll kindly explain to you how focusing on any of these things would give a character heavy drawbacks in other areas. For all that they're sacrificing, they'd better be able to nearly invalidate that damage type. In the end it's all about being prepared. If you go into battle geared towards resisting one damage type, and your opponent was smart enough to be packing a variety (which they will), the joke is on you. Personally, I don't think higher tier bombs are a bad idea.
[Image: jzdlBPn.png]