Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boxer: The second encounter
"Haunted Evil Pajamas" Wrote:I'll post my suggestion for Geist Schritt here, originating from my topic in Balance Fu.

1. Geist Schritt, might as well get this one out of the way first, as it's the #1 most unique ability in Boxers arsenal, along with Schwarz Sturm. People say to make it evasion based perhaps, however the main focus of it is to predict your opponent, and I wish to keep it that way, however, I feel like it gives too much of a reward for succeeding in the predict and not enough punishment for failing. When boxer was first released, if you took a direct attack that was not an attack you predicted with Geist Schritt, you lost the buff and you could get hit with anything without being canceled, I feel like this was a good way to punish those who made an incorrect choice with the wrong dash skill, however it was removed, if I'm crazy and it was never a thing in the first place, then I encourage that it be a mechanic. Another thing is the reward for succeeding is too high in my point of view, it negates an attack entirely, moves you into close combat range, gives you more of your Schwarz Sturm, AND refunds your momentum, I think removing the momentum refund is a fair change, as it already rewards you with positioning, more damage/skill options, and you negated a potentially powerful attack. If only one thing was to be changed I hope it is this.

Being targeted by anything that didn't trigger your Geist Schritt ends the effect of every other Geist Schritt. If this isn't occurring, then it's a bug.
I will verify to make sure, and make a bug report.
[Image: g5VjMYf.png]
"Haunted Evil Pajamas" Wrote:I will verify to make sure, and make a bug report.

Geist Schritt is removed if you attack the Boxer with something that would trigger the other version of Geist Schritt. For example: A basic attack removes the ability one, and an ability removes the basic attack one. Attacks like Wretched Oil, that don't get stopped by Zwei, will not remove the effects of Eins or Zwei. Universally bypassing attacks, in other words, go through all Geist Schritts but remove neither buff.

Personally, I'd still rather see a cooldown imposed when the skill is triggered, as I mentioned in another thread.