Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enchanting Idea
I'd rather add a new enchant category all together that has miniscule effects but can be paired with the good enchants.

Similar to a Prefix suffix system.
anything to make enchanting more interesting ideally
@spoops
That's essentially what this is. Prefix being the one that isn't nerfed, and suffix as the 2nd with a nerf.

@everyone
But yes, I'd also agree with limiting it to certain enchants. My original idea of 50% came from Fated which only adds +1-2 hp regen, So halving that would making it 0.5 which would be rounded down, Making that particular enchant only effective at 50% hp.

We can always lower the % from 50 down to something like 20-40%.

I personally wouldn't want to see anything like a Vorpal Rampage, One it's not ideal and you're only getting half the effectiveness you could get with a more optimized dual chant. If Vorpal doesn't proc, You rampage, Lowering defense. If the defense is lowered, What's the point then in having an enchant that Ignores Defense. You'd be a flat out moron in my opinion. A Rebel/Rampage would be More lolzy and More Optimized, Especially on autohit builds. The power applies, You don't need the hit so that downside to rebel isn't important, You'd be lowering defense increasing the damage.

With that in mind, Yes we would need to Limit enchants with this dual system somehow.
My thoughts for this are as follows.

All the main Enchants, All the meta's, The common top tier enchants... We apply a tag
That way we don't need to worry about it as much, And should a Lolzy dual chant happen to slip by, We can simply fix it down the line. We'd have to get rid of the item, Which would essentially demand a Compensation of sorts, I'd think an -Undo- would suffice. Give them back both enchants and the base item.

As for the Sub-Chant, Even with the tag i've now suggested to fix our current issues, They would still be nerfed for a variable amount. We can even make the nerf to the 2nd enchant based on the Enchanters skill level to show even more variety. I'm sure some people will argue with that still, But maybe non Zerans can enchant from 20-40% And Zerans can enchant from 20-50%. But then we complain that People will then only seek out Zerans.

Any enchanter can do it unlike my previous statement, But it gives their +enchant a bit more meaning. It honestly makes no sense to me that everyone has to be on par with each other. -Yes, I'm a Zeran, We are Naturally Superior at Enchanting than any race, But They can do anything we can so we have no proof.- I just want to make it clear how we complain about balance and Variety, But we don't allow the races that excel at certain things to have that clear advantage.