Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mediocre Mankind
Best I've been able to gather and from the majority of those I've asked, Humans appear to be mediocre. And personally I find them uninteresting and lacking definition between themselves. So I threw these together to give them an interaction with Sanctity. The logic being Sanctity in humans represents how close they are to the 'ideal' or 'typical' human of the area while less Sanctity means being more of human of well-mixed bloodlines. Whether these are in a flat addition to human racials, as partial replacements, full replacements, or as a component new a new gestalt set of racials is entirely mutable to me. I'm not trying to break humans in half, I just want them to be defined as per race and make people consider playing them in comparison to most other races (when making a char that's ever going to fight seriously, PvE or PvP).

By the way, I have thought of using/making racial traits, but I don't want to do anything trait related till Dev finishes with the Traits rework Eventually™.

Quote:Imperialist
Well rounded, but well off so as to have more time to practice their chosen skills.
No changes to resistances based on racial sanctity
+1 SP per 15 scaled Sanctity

Quote:Tannite
Rugged and tending toward nature, culturally adept with ranged weapons.
+1% Earth & -1% Fire resistance per 8 scaled Sanctity
-1 FP cost for Bow and Gun skills per 15 scaled Sanctity

Quote:Chararan
Strong, sturdy frame and not easily knocked around, though not the best swimmers.
+1% Wind & -1% Water resistance per 8 scaled Sanctity
+1 Battle Weight per 2 scaled sanctity

Quote:Karatynn
Culturally exposed to magic and it’s hazards, though not particularly well able to deal with being out in the dirt.
+1% Fire & -1% Earth resistance per 8 scaled Sanctity
-1 FP cost to spells per 15 scaled Sanctity

Quote:Lispoolian
Accustomed to fending off the darkness, though heat can be a problem.
+1% Dark & -1% Fire resistance per 8 scaled Sanctity
-2 FP cost to Mercalan spells per 15 scaled Sanctity

Quote:Onigan
Practicing in efficient movement and used to high wind, though unaccustomed to the cold.
+1% Wind & -1% Ice resistance per 8 scaled Sanctity
-1 FP cost to Sword skills per 15 scaled Sanctity

Quote:Dormehan
Tends to be good for physical labor, an active life, and dock working. Comfortable in the water.
+1% Water & -1% Lightning resistance per 8 scaled Sanctity
+1 Encumbrance per 2 scaled Sanctity

Quote:Alstalsian
Tried and test by [strike]Australia[/strike] Alstalsia’s monsters and hellish land, the humans from here are relatively jaded, possessing of a tempered will.
+1% Fire & -1% Water resistance per 8 scaled Sanctity
Reduce the level (hit neg for fear) of Fear, Charm, and Hesitation by 1 per 4 scaled Sanctity

Quote:Hyoyan
Lordwain is damned cold, though cultural familiarity with martial arts lends to better technique.
+1% Ice & -1% Fire resistance per 8 scaled Sanctity
-1 FP cost to Fist skills per 15 scaled Sanctity
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!
I'd rather human racials be static and not based off of sanctity (as it is a divinity related stat), but this is a good direction to start.
Well I can easily just average them into static values based on 40 sanctity, or 30.
Forgot to mention, Dullahan and Lich scale sanctity like the bujeezus but are perfectly godless. Hell, Lich specifically states they shut out gods.

Edit: mentioning this because people are going to complain that sanctity has to do with gods and nothing else while this is obviously not the case.
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:dullahans being a form of undeath likely stems from hugglord or some aspect of him.

"KhalidtheGrey" Wrote:Forgot to mention, Dullahan and Lich scale sanctity like the bujeezus but are perfectly godless. Hell, Lich specifically states they shut out gods.

Edit: mentioning this because people are going to complain that sanctity has to do with gods and nothing else while this is obviously not the case.

sanctity
[sangk-ti-tee]

noun, plural sanctities.
holiness, saintliness, or godliness.
sacred or hallowed character:
the inviolable sanctity of the temple.
a sacred thing.
Closeness to the Akashic Record.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
yeah what nano and sarinpa said.

also dev is a nasu fan, so yeah.
y'know. I actually forgot we could just do this shit based off of level.

Having some of these things scale by LVL/# would be hot.

Or just saying "fuck that" and giving humans an extra LVL/4 (or 3, or even 2) stat points to use in their allocation.
There's- Wait, you can do that?!? ... Jokes.

If people are going to freak out about the unknown god-patron status of humans (or more validly, the mechs), I don't mind switching the scaling to something else. Level seems fine to me, don't know how balanced it would be though.

Speaking of, replacement or addition? Or that gestalt thing.
Make everything scale to level. Sounds fun to me. Now we can cry when alstalsians crush our gifts of roses and chocolate under their high heels and walk off, unphased by charm.
In all seriousness make The alstalsian passive simply be a percent reduction in those effects levels up to 30% at 60 and it's fine.

And Alstalsian should get earth weakness. Because we know damn well posh people like alstalsians HATE dirt.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water