Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blinks and Vision
Following the rules of blink and haunting, where you need to be able to see your destination, is there any possibility to add a visual requirement to tiles you can teleport to?

IE: Say Team A puts up a smokescreen or a white prison wall, blocking vision for the enemy team, then a mage simply blinks past it, mechanically it works, ICly it should not, as blink has a requirement for the caster to actually see where they are blinking to, according to lore anyways.

My question, is to ask if there can actually be a requirement when using blink to not be able to select tiles your character cannot see, is that actually possible? Is there a trigger for it? If its a hassle to put in I can understand fully.

But if its possible, I for one would very much like this feature.
I mean. Realistically, I would kind of like this applied for most things (at least involving white prison). You shouldn't be able to shoot a puling shot or a cripple leg through a wall... but if it's a hassle to do it selectively, then I get it.
"Rendar" Wrote:I mean. Realistically, I would kind of like this applied for most things (at least involving white prison). You shouldn't be able to shoot a puling shot or a cripple leg through a wall... but if it's a hassle to do it selectively, then I get it.

I'm mostly concerned for blinks at the moment, I think it should apply to that foremost, anything else might be pushing it.
I wouldn't mind this.

That said, I think not being able to Blink while Grappled would be good too. Unless that's not supposed to happen-
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I wouldn't mind this. Also, it would be nice is this took effect to skills like Hanging as well.
Lorewise, if you are grappled you cannot blink, so it should apply mechanically as well.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
I'd assume as it is right now you can ICly shove the grappler away before you blink, but if it gets fixed that's all for the better.
[Image: rwFTX1T.png]
I'd say we try making Blink unavailable on tiles you can't see first.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye