Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Enemy Devaluation
As it stands, Enemy Evaluation is basically seen in every fight, its mostly due to the percentage nature of the skill and how it seems to be able to cut someone's battle stats to nigh useless levels, on top of denying the biggest factor in any fight, damage.

The skill's very largely unbalanced, it seems to basically make people feel useless when targetted by it, its not even that hard to build up tactics rank anymore with the addition to Dark Eyes, which I will also get to in a second, this skill could use some fine tuning to help keep it impactful but not an answer to pretty much literally everyone in the game, especially since it can be AoE'd now.

I went over with most of the community to get some feedback on the skill, and this seemed to be the overall good response.

Quote:Enemy Evaluation:
-The damage cut of Enemy Evaluation needs to be completely removed, this serves as a win clause for most fights, especially since the duration on the skill is insanely long with good tactics rank.
-The percentages for Hit/Crit/Crit Evade and Evade deductions can remain if altered a little bit, I'd suggest that the base number be toned down to 3, from 10 currently, this would cap the skill at a 20% reduction with max tactics rank.

As for Dark Eyes, it seems to be used mostly for the tactics rank it builds up, and thats fine, its the sole gimmick of Tactician, but the dark eyes tend to be pretty tanky and a 1 point wonder, also they should have a greater FP cost for spreading them out.
Quote:Dark Eyes:
-The health for Dark Eyes should be adjusted to Rank*20, making them have 100 Health at max rank.
-The FP Cost for this skill should be adjusted to 5 FP per tile extension, from 0 (I think)

This is what I think.
Enemy Evaluation is a pretty common skill nowadays, that's very much true. I think the ideas proposed in the opening are more than fine - it's not like it would make Tactician completely useless. At the very least, I think the damage reduction should go.

Nowadays it tends to be an "I win" button in most of the cases, too.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Seems fair to me. The damage reduction was certainly way to insane.
Yeah. Agreed with everything listed on the OP here.

Enemy Evaluation is extremely broken and unbalanced only for the fact it lasts way too long and the debuffs it does on enemies is the same as removing them from combat, since they're then left to be useless over there, without being able to hit (even tanks in some cases), without being able to crit, without being able to dodge. There goes a large amount of stat investment on those just to be lol erased. It's not fair.

Dark Eyes should also receive that treatment of HP per rank, because all it needs is 1 skill point, the FP cost matters not when your eyes need to take more than two hits to die. And there's no excuse they're 'immobile', because they also benefit from Charge Order.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]