Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[v.2.18] Purely Underpowered
Yep. It's that time. The Balance Thread. The infamous. The one. The only. Pure Power.

[Image: 0jeozY3.png]

Pure Power. A passive that next to no one uses. Why, you might ask? Reading it, it sounds decent. Now let's go over that. Or what I think it, anyway.

NUMBER ONE. YES. OF COURSE. It's pretty underwhelming for the cost of it.

One less slot for +5 Power when maxed. Which costs 5 SP. To really put this into perspective. Let's assume you have 36 SP to use and you're just so happening to run 2 elements. We'll assume Fire and Earth. Yeah.

Let's go over what happens.

You start the simple meme off. 5 SP into Sear. 36-5 = 31 SP
5 into Exgalfa usually. 31 - 5 is 26 SP.
5 into Magaisendo usually. 26 -5 is 21 SP
5 into Isenshi. 21 - 5 is 16 SP.
Charge Mind, of course. 16 - 1 is 15 SP
Brainstorm which is 3 SP. 15 SP - 3 = 12 SP.
Greaper , naturally. 12 - 3 is 9 SP.
Arcane Tattoo. 9 - 1 is 8 SP.
If you're a main class Evoker, High Speed Divine Words. 8 - 1 = 7 SP.
If you have FP problems, Absorb Power. 7 SP - 3 is 4 SP.
And of course, if you want that meaty knockback, Lazarus Wind. 4 - 4 is 0 SP. Just like that. We're already out of space. Oh nooo.

Now we have 4 big meaty damage skills, the ability to multiply our Invocs in particular but also other spells as a breathing room skill by 2.5x damage. We have Greaper which is a big part of Invoc Damage. Arcane Tattoo to help us with FP. HSDW to get invocs out far faster. Absorb Power to really help with never running out of FP without needing to run Summoner or something else FP Conservative.
Lazarus Wind to knock people down and/or back. Without needing to go Destiny. Huzzah. We did it.

Of course, we can also go other routes, but this is just an example.

Man, all that stuff above sounds good. Right? Yeah. That's just one case, but my point stands. If we give up 5 SPs worth of stuff from that example, all we get is +5 Power. Per EQUIPMENT SLOT LOST. That's right folks. Give up 5 SP and an equipment slot and a slotted skill pool slot for 5(times lacking equipment slots) power on all your spells!

Of course, this does have some meme merit. It's per equipment slot lost. Give up the power of two equipment slots and five SP for... Yes. 10 Power. Which slots would you give up? I wonder. Agile Mechs can get +5 Power if they seek to use Agile Accel. Cool, whatever. But there's just tons of better scaling and more worthwhile stuff, that it's often hard, almost impossible to justify. Even assuming you had nothing equipped but maybe a single tome. That's 5 Equipment Slots gone. +25 Power. Flat Spell Power, might I add.

At what cost...? At what cost...

Especially when you consider that you lose access to an entire equipment slot. So, i'm here to suggest some CHANGES to this underused, meme-tier passive. I'll shorten all the junk up above.

The Good:
I mean. More power for your spells. Flat Spell Power but...power?
Conceptually, it's cool, kinda?
Agile and Raid Mechs (primarily agile) can benefit from this since one of the main things that draws people to them requires the lack of an equipment slot innately.

The BAD:
Costs lots of SP (5 entire SP) for a mediocore or just outright bad effect. Depends on who you ask.

You need to remove an entire equipment slot. Baring Agile Mechs and Raid Mechs, most people can't exactly afford to even remove a single accessory at times.

F l a t S p e l l P o w e r

There's so many better things to get than it that it's severely outclassed and outperformed by the other things that Evoker allows to globally make you more better.

And so. I propose change.

Change Pure Power to the Following Memes:
  • Instead of Flat Power, make it percentage based.
  • Make the skill cost 2 SP instead of 5 SP. 1 SP to get the effect. 2 SP to make it not cost a skill pool slot.
  • Make different equipment amounts increase your power more. Accessories and Offhands will be a 5% increase, Feet will be a 10% Increase, Torso will be a 15% Increase. This will make it so that you have to consider the slots you're giving up to maximize output without draining your SP horrifically for an okay bonus. This means if I don't want shoes, due to being an agile mech then i'll get a 10% Damage Increase to all my spells.
  • Change Pure Power to only work on Mage and Mage Promo Spells. Otherwise, all spells might get a bit out of hand when combined with this. Greaper works with any damaging invoc (see: Divine Shower) however, so... I'm personally for keeping Pure Power to the Mage Tree though.

Now, that's just my suggestion. I can see some wrong with it, mostly that Agile Mech'll get a free 10% Bonus, but i'm honestly fine with that. It's more to limit others anyway, let racials have their good parts or whatever. Complain about that elsewhere.

With that, I want these OPINIONS. What'cha nerds think? Do any of you even use this god forsaken passive? Would you use it if these changes are implemented? The usual.
[Image: uFRswZm.png]

no justice for mages in bathrobes

This passive is horrendously outdated, and couldn't be less worthwhile. For a class already struggling with SP because of its passives, this will never get used in its current iteration. With that in mind, I support changing this in any manner (including the one outlined above) that makes it the quintessential 'glass cannon mage' skill.
Going in with no gear can be tantamount to suicide, I wouldn't be against mages stripping down to pursue power even more.
i welcome strip mage

jokes aside i actually forgot this passive existed, it could get love
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Well, here's a wild and fitting idea. "Mage Items" count for this passive, such as Witch Hat, Overload Amulet, Grimalkin's Hat, Focus Ring, High Mage's Cape, Caster's Robe, Priest Robe, Cloak of Many Colors, Nullstone Gauntlet(?), Tomes. A bit of extra work to debunk which fits or not but I said it was wild.

Personally just having it cost 2 SP and be percentage based with no restrictions is a nice buff for Evoker's current lack of big damage like it used to have.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]