Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[QUESTS] Pandora's Quests
(Please read this post if you need more context.)

[Image: pandora_quest_wip.png]

There's a Quest Board in the House of Dreams. It's black, with a title at the top reading "Pandora's Quests".

The board is written in a glowing white text that seems to shift and shimmer of its own accord.

It sometimes offers different types of work.

[Image: paper_note_alt.png]

OOC NOTES

Every now and then, I'll be posting Quests in this thread. They can be different types of jobs, ranging from combat to investigation or small, casual things. Some of them can be impromptu mini-events that are available to the public as well.

Some of the events will require sign-ups and others won't. Some you can do during your free time without needing me to be around constantly.

If you want to see if you can start a quest, ping the event runner behind it in the #event-discussion channel of the main SL2 Discord. A few things to note are that there will often be a minimum of participants for those kind of missions to be able to begin the quest (usually 4 at the very minimum unless stated otherwise) and that you can only ping the event runner for it when their status in Discord is set to "QUESTS AVAILABLE." If the Event Runner is asked privately if they're up to starting a ping-quest and they accept, that's also fine.

Please note that they will likely only do the first Quest they were pinged for (that day) if they're available, and whether they will do multiple in a day or not is their choice!

That said, I'll link this thread in #event-announcements in the SL2 Discord each time a new Quest(s) appears. If you're not in the Discord, you can just check the Quest Board in the House of Dreams in-game. Have fun!

Note: You MUST ping the corresponding Event Runner in #events-discussion if you're joining a Quest that needs sign-ups! Please be VERY SPECIFIC about which one you're signing up for even if there's only one, as I'm often busy and can forget things easily.

Lastly, after some discussions, I have made the decision to restrict Main Scenario Quest events from my plotlines to my event server. If you are looking to participate or see what the gist of it is about, you have to join the server!

Discord Server link: https://discord.gg/RRf3ZqpqYh

MOST QUESTS LISTED HERE ARE PERMANENT AND REPEATABLE UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE, SUCH AS IT SAYING 'TEMPORARY' IN THE TITLE. AS FAR AS SIGN-UP QUESTS GO, YOU CAN'T SIGN UP TO THE SAME ONE MULTIPLE TIMES IN A SHORT TIME, YOU HAVE TO WAIT ONE WEEK MINIMUM!
THE REWARDS FOR QUESTS MIGHT ALSO CHANGE AS TIME PASSES.

[Image: dungeon_icon.png]

EVENT DUNGEONS

[Image: gate_icon.png] Some quests will have a gate icon next to them. This gate icon means that the quest will take place inside an Event Dungeon.

In these dungeons, your party(ies) generally moves across area blocks that might have enemies or hidden loot within. Usually, there's an entrance area that serves as a safe zone with a House Innkeeper, where you can't be attacked or chased by any enemies. Sometimes the quest objective is also located in one of these area blocks, and you must get to it then return to the safe zone without being defeated.

Potential dungeon loot is listed in the quest's information, and whenever a party opens the chest, everyone in it gets the item(s). You must clear the enemies in that block or they won't let you open the chest!

Each time a party is defeated, they are brought back to the dungeon's safe zone, and more enemies might appear.

DUNGEON DIFFICULTIES

Dungeon quests will have a difficulty attached to them. Each difficulty has a base reward, and losing battles in the dungeon does not change the difficulty. These are only obtained when the quest is fully finished. It is worth reminding you can generally Legend Extend before you receive your reward. 
  • EASY: 1,000 Murai and 100,000 EXP.
  • NORMAL: 2,500 Murai and 300,000 EXP.
  • HARD: 5,000 Murai and 500,000 EXP.
  • LEGEND: 10,000 Murai and 1,000,000 EXP, 1 Legend Ink. In some circumstances, special IC information might be part of the reward.

(WARNING: Legend difficulty quests will require the participants to consent to potential injury/maiming. Death might be a possibility in some circumstances, but will still be within reason.)

RANK SYSTEM

Quest completion results will be ranked based on some factors: 
  • D = A party has been defeated by a massive Exactor.
  • C = A party has been defeated twice.
  • B = Fulfilled quest objective, but only one or no chests have been found.
  • A = Fulfilled quest objective and at least two chests have been found.
  • S = Full clear (as in all enemies defeated), all items have been found and the quest's objective has been finished. Additionally, no parties have suffered defeat.
If a quest receives a C or D rank, participants may only receive Easy Mode rewards regardless of dungeon difficulty, and will only be able to open one more chest. Otherwise, the rank system is mostly for fluff.

EXACTOR
[Image: boss_icon.png] Quests with a skull and crossbones icon may have a chance for a menacing shadow to appear. This foe will spawn in a random area block and will begin chasing players when it spots them. It is extremely strong and while killable, unlikely to lose.

You do not gain anything for killing the Exactor, and losing to it will automatically force the completion rank to be D regardless of how many losses you've actually experienced. If you fight an Exactor in Legend difficulty, if your party is defeated by it, you will not be immediately summoned back to the safe zone and a short scene with risks will occur. A 1d4 is rolled to determine a victim, and then a 1d100 will decide the severity of the attack. Below, you can find roll estimates:

Roll 1-50 = Heavy injury of some kind.
Roll 51-95 = Maiming of some kind.
Roll 97-100 = Character will be killed.
YOU CAN FLEE THE EXACTOR WITHOUT NEEDING RNG, REFER TO THE FLEEING SECTION BELOW
YOU DON'T GAIN ANYTHING FOR KILLING IT
These risks don't apply to quests that don't have the Legend difficulty.

MYSTERIOUS ENEMY

At times, a special opponent might appear and try to ruin your mission. You don't want that, do you...?

FLEEING IN DUNGEONS

You can flee mob encounters as you would normally, by having your party leader move to the border of the battlefield and using the Flee button. In cases where a boss enemy is present, you must have all your (conscious) party members move to the border and RP fleeing, in which case the fight will be ended and you will have the chance to ICly retreat. However, each time you flee, more enemies will appear in the dungeon.

Boss-tagged enemies have a skull icon next to their name.

[Image: unknown.png]

MIMICS

Sometimes, the chest you open will be a powerful mimic. You are able to strike chests if you fear the mimic, but one of two things can happen: if it's a normal chest, the item amount will be cut in half, and if it's a mimic, they'll take damage at the start of the fight.

QUEST TYPES

Some quests might have a particular system type. Below, you can find a list of the current types:

• Elimination: Defeat a specific enemy. In some cases, this might be a boss with more than one health pool. They might relocate each time a HP threshold is met until it's fully defeated, sometimes! Or sometimes you might just have to one-and-done it.
  • Armageddon: Defeat every enemy in the dungeon.
  • Break the Seal: You must do a puzzle in the dungeon to retrieve an item. The seal is located in a random block, and you must make all mirror pillars point towards its direction to unlock the chest. The mirrors are hidden across the dungeon, and a party can choose how they want to rotate them.
  • Protector: You have to rescue someone (or something) in the dungeon. Find the objective and bring it back to the safe zone. If the objective loses all its HP before reaching the safe zone, it will either end up in a random area block or in specific cases, failure of the quest. Generally, parties will be limited to 3 characters max so that they can slot in the objective as a fourth party member.

TIME LIMIT

There's an undisclosed time limit to each quest. Try to not waste too much time goofing around, or you're getting a C rank!

REMEMBER THAT YOU MUST GET BACK TO THE SAFE ZONE TO ICLY LEAVE THE DUNGEON AND FULLY COMPLETE A QUEST! YOU CAN ONLY RECEIVE THE REWARD WHEN YOU LEAVE. YOU CAN CHOOSE TO STAY LONGER TO RISK LOOKING FOR LOOT IF YOU'D LIKE.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[-] The following 5 users Like Fern's post:
  • Eldwitch, Nehemoth, Poruku, Pyro, Snake
QUESTS

[Image: fox_emoji.png]
Our familiars recommend that you visit the Fox Shops located in Cellsvich and Dormeho if you are looking for good deals that may help you prepare for these Quests. They have many things in storage, specially potions, so don't forget to check them out.

[Image: new_quest_icon.png]Strange Obelisks (Currently Complete)

=IC INFO=
I have found several obelisks in my travels. They possess gems that give off a powerful magic, but I cannot seem to discern what they are meant to exactly do. I noticed holes in them that seem as if they are fit for a key or a rock of some kind. If you happen to come across any keys or rocks that look strange, feel free to deliver them to me. I will let you know if I think the item you've brought can work.

Reward: Token of Good Luck per key/sphere that works (RP Item)

=OOC INFO= 
Unlocks more battles in the Obelisk Challenge.

This is meant to be a long-term side quest. There are currently several keys hidden across different areas in the game. If you ICly find one, please post a screenshot of the key's location in the SL2 Discord's #event-discussion channel and ping me in the same message, so that I can make the key disappear from that spot when I'm available. If you're not sure if a key you bumped into has already been found, I recommend searching up "key" in the channel's logs!

[Image: new_quest_icon.png][Image: gate_icon.png] Find the Missing Person

=IC INFO=
The acquaintance of an anonymous client has gone missing within the Whispering Woods located in Sigrogana. Find them and bring them back safely. Be wary of the monsters in the area.

Dungeon: Whispering Woods
Reward: 2,500 Murai and 300,000 EXP

=OOC INFO=
Difficulty: Normal
Mode: Protector
Loot: Whynesfelt, Venus Badge, 10x Ash Wood
Player Limit: 6

Eventmin: Fern

[Image: new_quest_icon.png][Image: gate_icon.png] Defeat the Pumpkin Bomber

=IC INFO=
Eliminate the large pumpkin monster in the area and bring me a sample for research. A familiar will give you a magic bag to put it in.

Reward: 5,000 Murai and 500,000 EXP

=OOC INFO=
Difficulty: Hard
Mode: Elimination
Loot: 1x Lord Seed (Earth), 1x Baron Seed (Earth), Seed Sniper
Player Limit: 4

[Image: new_quest_icon.png][Image: gate_icon.png] Defeat 10 Vine Slashers

=IC INFO=
Bring me samples of ten Vine Slashers. A familiar will give you a magic bag to put them in.

=OOC INFO=
Loot: 10x Rockdirt

[Image: new_quest_icon.png][Image: gate_icon.png][Image: boss_icon.png] Destroy the Copy Purgatories (Temporary)

=IC INFO=
Small Purgatory versions of the Whispering Woods have appeared in Sigrogana. Destroy their guardians, the Pumpkin Bombers. Beware of Exactors.

Dungeon: Whispering Woods (Purgatory)

=OOC INFO=
Loot: 5x Raremetal, 5x Morganite, Deadly Smile

[Image: new_quest_icon.png][Image: gate_icon.png] Break the Seal

=IC INFO=
A sealed artifact is hidden somewhere in the Solemn Skies. Destroy its seal and deliver the item to my servant in the entrance.

Dungeon: Solemn Skies
Reward: 1,000 Murai and 100,000 EXP

=OOC INFO=
Difficulty: Easy
Mode: Break the Seal
Loot: 5x Silpheed's Curse

[Image: new_quest_icon.png][Image: gate_icon.png] Find the Cat

=IC INFO=
My client's cat has run off to the clouds and is missing. Please find the cat and deliver them to my servant by the entrance.

Dungeon: Solemn Skies

=OOC INFO=
Mode: Protector
Loot: 10x Kat-Knip, Cat Mask, Tarnada
Player Limit: 6

[Image: new_quest_icon.png][Image: gate_icon.png] Find the Golden Key

=IC INFO=
My client requires a golden key hidden in Mount Solstice of Lordwain. Please deliver it to my servant by the entrance.

Dungeon: Mount Solstice

=OOC INFO=
Mode: N/A
Loot: 1x Material Change Kit (Arctic), Zerotrain, Toyatori

Note: The key will be moved to a random block if the party is defeated while holding it.

[Image: new_quest_icon.png][Image: gate_icon.png] Defeat the Fenrirberus Pack

=IC INFO=
A pack of Fenrirberus monsters are preventing an associate from performing research. Eliminate them.

Dungeon: Mount Solstice

=OOC INFO=
Loot: 10x Arctic Gold, Circle Ring, Cariaite-Head Staff

[Image: new_quest_icon.png][Image: gate_icon.png] Exterminate the Monsters

=IC INFO=
Creatures of the dark, specially undead, are preventing an associate from conducting research. Kill them (again...)

Dungeon: Forgotten Cemetery
Reward: 5,000 Murai and 500,000 EXP, 5x Rotwood, 5x Carapace

=OOC INFO=
Mode: Armageddon
Loot: N/A
Player Limit: N/A

[Image: new_quest_icon.png][Image: gate_icon.png] Defeat the Necromancers

=IC INFO=
There's a group of Necromancers trying to use the Forgotten Cemetery for their own purposes. That's an issue for my associate, so your job is to kill them all.

Dungeon: Forgotten Cemetery

=OOC INFO=
Difficulty: Hard (Nightmare)
Loot: Eternal Servitude

Note: You cannot open the chest with the Eternal Servitude if your party has failed the quest.

[Image: new_quest_icon.png]Defeat the Lost in Lordwain

=IC INFO=
The Lost are gathering in the marked area within Lordwain. Destroy them before a Purgatory is created.

Reward: 3,000 Murai and 250,000 EXP

=OOC INFO=
Eventmin: Zerg
Note: Basic mob-destruction mini-event in a camp.

[Image: new_quest_icon.png]Defeat the Lost in Sigrogana

=IC INFO=
The Lost are gathering in the marked area within Sigrogana. Destroy them before a Purgatory is created.

=OOC INFO=

[Image: new_quest_icon.png]Defeat the Lost in Gold

=IC INFO=
The Lost are gathering in the marked area within Gold. Destroy them before a Purgatory is created.

=OOC INFO=

[Image: new_quest_icon.png]Defeat the Lost in Kysei

=IC INFO=
The Lost are gathering in the marked area within Kysei. Destroy them before a Purgatory is created.

=OOC INFO=

[Image: new_quest_icon.png]Defeat Evaki

=IC INFO=
A group of Evakis have been found in Kysei. Destroy them all.

=OOC INFO=
Note: Challenge mini-event in a camp.

[Image: new_quest_icon.png]Defeat Innocence

=IC INFO=
A horde of the Lost known as Innocence has been found in Lordwain. Eliminate them.

=OOC INFO=

[Image: new_quest_icon.png]Defeat Omen

=IC INFO=
A group of Omens have been found in Sigrogana. Eliminate them.

=OOC INFO=

[Image: new_quest_icon.png]Destroy the Robot Horde

=IC INFO=
Berserk robots have been found near Karaten. Destroy them so that I may retrieve some of their parts.

=OOC INFO=

[Image: new_quest_icon.png]Destroy the Fiery Enemies

=IC INFO=
Fiery monsters have been found in the sands of Gold. Take them down so that my servants may study them.

=OOC INFO=
Note: Basic mob-destruction mini-event.

[Image: new_quest_icon.png]Destroy the Plant Monstrosities

=IC INFO=
There's a large pack of deadly plant monsters in Sigrogana. Put them down so that my assistants examine their remains.

=OOC INFO=

[Image: new_quest_icon.png]Destroy the Ice Creatures

=IC INFO=
There are freezing monsters near the mountains of Lordwain. Head over to the marked area and take them down for the sake of my research.

=OOC INFO=

[Image: new_quest_icon.png]Defeat the Pumpkin Bombers

=IC INFO=
A horde of large pumpkins are in Sigrogana. Destroy them all.

=OOC INFO=

[Image: new_quest_icon.png]Defeat the Nerifian Elemental

=IC INFO=
A strange enemy has appeared in Sigrogana. Your job is to fight it, and destroy it.

Reward: 4,000 Murai and 400,000 EXP, 5x Ruby

=OOC INFO=

[Image: new_quest_icon.png]Defeat the Kraken Elemental

=IC INFO=
A strange enemy has appeared in Lordwain. Your job is to fight it, and destroy it.

Reward: 4,000 Murai and 400,000 EXP, 5x Sapphire

=OOC INFO=

[Image: new_quest_icon.png]Defeat the Sylphid Elemental

=IC INFO=
A strange enemy has appeared in Kysei. Your job is to fight it, and destroy it.

Reward: 4,000 Murai and 400,000 EXP, 5x Emerald

=OOC INFO=

[Image: Fern22.gif]
[-] The following 8 users Like Fern's post:
  • Anhita, Aqua, Eldwitch, Illumi, messaiyan, Nehemoth, Shadbase, Snake