Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PvE Quality of Life Changes - Verglas
First on the list of classes I think could use some general usability updates to help their PvE not be as slow as other classes, its no secret some classes have abysmal start up which is balanced by their high power, this often holds these classes back in party settings by needing to set up for every single encounter, and that's not quite as fun to play in a party setting.

Verglas runs into the issue of not being able to start with ice, and also by having such steep FP costs that Food cannot simply catch up to their consumption sometimes, taking a note from Hexer or Engineer's book, rewarding the Verglas with an FP Restore at the end of battle will help restrict aiding this consumption to PvE only.

Here are my first couple of suggestions:

Quote:Verglas --

Cryotherapy - New Innate (3 Ranks)

At the start of the fight, when facing only monsters, ice tiles will spawn around the Verglas in a diamond, the size of this diamond is equal to Rank.

When finishing a battle the Verglas will recover FP based upon the amount of ice sheets owned by the verglas left over at the end of the battle. The amount of FP restored is equal to 2 + Rank per ice sheet. (FP Restore is capped at Character LV + 30)

Quote:Ice Point Greaves - Adjustment

-Now persists through battles. (Not that many would complain about this applying to PvP, but in case that is a worry, this could also be dispelled if vs players at round 0)

Very obviously, people would not like it if Guard were able to persist through battles, though I doubt many would care if Greaves would persist through battles, restoring it to how it used to work would probably give Verglas a reason to set up in a fight more often, as it will help them through future fights too.
[-] The following 6 users Like Autumn's post:
  • Fern, firehawk11, Pyro, Shujin, Snake, Tana
Bumping this up a bit as I've been playing Verglas and I think that it still would appreciate this, especially for newer players who don't know the intricacies of optimizing towards what food is best for HP and FP yet.
Cough, Greeves can last between battle however this goes back to my earlier point I made in a different thread. Monk's and Ki, Vergias and Greeves, just one is FP heavy and the other is just, you must always Power-up to get your classes kit fully unlocked.

However after watching a Vergias player taking sooooo long to set-up, I'm down for any QOL that improves it. I am under the belief that if any class needs 2 rounds to set-up or longer then the pay out should be worth it then every being able to start combat ny moving and raining (spamming) skills upon the target (Enemies). Basically if the set-up isn't worth missing out on a round of damage dealing, is it worth it?

This is the main reason I hardly even consider using *other* enchantment spells from Mage, 3 momentum for little effecty or 3 momentum to drop a Fir. Or even using sharpen from Duelist to name a couple abilities. The only set up worth it is anything that can increase your chance to hit in this day and age of skill being that true meta-state. (69-65 scaled skill)