Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 796
» Latest member: mouseluli
» Forum threads: 10,907
» Forum posts: 55,463

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 504 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 499 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google, Yandex, caliaca

Latest Threads
Raigen.Convict
Ruler needs a final Seal ...

Forum: Suggestions
Last Post: Raigen.Convict
Today, 12:17 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 74
caliaca
Spirit Hell

Forum: Balance Fu
Last Post: caliaca
Yesterday, 05:16 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 55
Turadis
A Dicey Suggestion

Last Post: Turadis
10-16-2024, 07:00 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 84
Rendar
Duyuei Wall Raid Part 2

Last Post: Rendar
10-16-2024, 05:34 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 98
Shujin
Cryotherapeutic

Last Post: Shujin
10-16-2024, 04:33 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 329
Shujin
Please Remove Homunculi H...

Last Post: Shujin
10-16-2024, 04:22 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 394
matthewmwps
[2.91 v2] Swap weapon Kno...

Forum: Bug Reports
Last Post: matthewmwps
10-16-2024, 05:59 AM
» Views: 41
Rendar
2.91v2 Wall AoEs

Last Post: Rendar
10-15-2024, 04:48 PM
» Views: 36
AkaInuHime
[v2.91 v2] Blinded by the...

Last Post: AkaInuHime
10-15-2024, 03:13 AM
» Views: 39
Raigen.Convict
PvP zone

Last Post: Raigen.Convict
10-14-2024, 09:51 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 103

Variable dodge/hit
Posted by: Lolzytripd - 12-03-2014, 03:24 AM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (2)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~note this neccesarily does not need to be a mechanic, this could just as easily be a class's passives or traits.

On miss increases hit chance by x% stacks

Say you miss, your next hit could have +5%, then miss again, +10% ect
---------------------------

when hit increases evade by x% stacks

when an enemy hits you it would increase your evade by 5% if hit again, another 5%

. whenever you finally dodge/hit you only lose 1 stack not all of them.

Edit

if as a class or trait I'd recommend that when you gain stacks you gain 2, and when you lose them you only lose 1 at a time so that its actually feels like something that you invested in that pays back

Also this was suggested as a counter to

I can't hit this guy, and this guy won't stop hitting me

this will likely change up fights in that a super high hit opponent will miss you when you are low hp when the stacks have built up enough to matter.

inversely when you have enough of a hit bonus you can throw a stronger skill like checkmate or ether invitation.

Print this item

Pre-Hit Caclulations
Posted by: Sawrock - 12-03-2014, 02:16 AM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (11)

Can pre-hit calculations (such at hit%, damage, and crit%) not show normally, and instead only show if a certain accessory is equipped? Possibly a "Probability Data Sensor". If this is implemented, I'm willing to make an icon for it.

Print this item

Like Kensei, So Verglas
Posted by: Rendar - 12-02-2014, 11:50 PM - Forum: Suggestions - No Replies

So you know how Kensei is a 'combo' class, wherein the next skill costs less/is free. Can Verglas get this? Possibly half cost for other disciplines than the first, tie to to Chimera Style. It'd be great, I promise.

Print this item

A really strange battle bug
Posted by: Dinogun - 12-02-2014, 10:52 PM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (1)

For some reason, things that are defeated by burn, poison, overclocks lightning damage make the battle stuck. Making you, enemies, etc. unable to take your turns and do anything.

I don't know what else causes this except for burn and poison damage and overclocks lightning damage.

Print this item

Recent armor changes and 'piercing' weapons
Posted by: Suspicious - 12-02-2014, 07:53 PM - Forum: Balance Fu - Replies (9)

Certain weapons, such as Battlepick axes and Knightslayer bows, pierce defense. Now, as they are now, they pierce 5 DEF worth of defense. As Defense values are typically very high (in excess of 15), this usually just translates to +5 damage. This is exacerbated even further by the recent increase to armor defense across the board with the new upgrades.

I'd like to change that, since it seems too static and seems to defeat the point of a defense piercing weapon, i.e. to pierce defense. Assuming an average DEF of 30 at level 45 (which I'm just pulling out of my ass) and the target in question wearing fully upgraded Light Armor, they'd have roughly 39-40 DEF, maybe 42 with racials and such (we assume elemental armor, such as rockdirt or carapace). -5 from this would be approximately 12%. . Thus, I'd say a defense-piercing weapon, to really be considered defense-piercing, should reduce 15-20% of DEF.

For fighting people and monsters who don't build a lot of DEF, the benefit is not significant, but when fighting those that do, there can be a significant improvement in damage. The weapons themselves are below average in stats (lower Power, etc) so to make up for that by giving them a significant advantage over armored opponents would create a useful niche for these types of items.

Print this item

Seeker Flames
Posted by: Mivereous - 12-02-2014, 07:47 PM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (3)

Firefox can and will summon Seeker Flames into the Arena walls.

After Kamekazi, Seeker Flames giant icon sticks around. In the Arena, at least.

Print this item

SL2 Version 1.05
Posted by: Neus - 12-02-2014, 01:04 PM - Forum: Announcements - No Replies

[float=left][Image: talkav_128.png][/float]
Version 1.05 contains a bunch of adjustments with Battle Weight in mind to make it more of a fair but strategic system. It also contains the long awaited ability to upgrade armor stats, a way to access and use homes for people who do not have an on-map house, and other neat stuff. Enjoy!

Added - You can now upgrade the Defense, Magic Defense, and Evade of torso items at blacksmiths. Depending on the armor type, there are different max. values for each;
Unarmored

• Defense - 3
  • Magic Defense - 5
  • Evade - 8
Light Armor
  • Defense - 5
  • Magic Defense - 7
  • Evade - 4
Heavy Armor
  • Defense - 8
  • Magic Defense - 5
  • Evade - 3
Added - All Asago buildings now have a red portal inside of them. These portals can be used by Asago House Ticket owners to access their house if they do not have a claimed on-map house already. (Note: The portal only works for you and party members.)
Added - 6 new furniture items that can be used to display items.
Added - 2 new 'emotes' have been added. Halo (Ctrl+M) and Zawa (Ctrl+Z; I forgot who made this so please PM me your key!). These can only be used by those that have obtained the Mercala Lover and Gambling Junkie medals respectively.
Added - A new player panel for moderators has been added.
Adjusted - World saving has been improved for player houses. The short version; the way the game saves the data is being optimized. This should lead to faster shutdowns and less lag on the hour change (hopefully).
Adjusted - Monsters will now only gain new skills on levels where the rarity of items they drop increases. All existing monsters that get scaled abilities have been adjusted.
Adjusted - Monster AI has been improved when using long range weapons. Now, ranged enemies will try to always keep themselves at maximum range when attacking you, moving if they're too close, etc. (Aside from Ashe, who is happy to fight at either range.)
Adjusted - The following adjustments have been added for Battle Weight;
  • Weapon talents now reduce the Battle Weight of weapons of the same type by Rank, starting at Rank 4.
  • Packrat now increases your maximum Battle Weight by Rank, starting at Rank 2.
  • Special Armament now reduces the Battle Weight of your sub-weapon by 25% (or 50% at Rank 2).
  • Heavy Bow Mastery reduces the Battle Weight of Bow weapons with a weight of 20 or greater by Rank.
  • Indomitable reduces your total Battle Weight (after flat reductions) by the same percentage it reduces physical damage you take.
Adjusted - Fluency now has 5 Ranks total; at Rank 4, it gains the Battle Weight reduction effect of other weapon talents.
Adjusted - At Rank 5, Fluency now grants 5% Will growth.
Adjusted - At Rank 4, Packrat now grants 5% Strength growth.
Adjusted - At Rank 3, Preparation now grants 5% Defense growth.
Adjusted - At Rank 3, Enchantment now grants 5% Resistance growth.
* Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug where Advancing Flow was teleporting you to the shadow realm if you were too close to an enemy.
- Fixed a bug where Training Day's announcement was saying it still gave 50% EXP.
- Fixed a bug where Akimbo caused normal attacks to not work if you didn't have a second Handgun equipped.
- Fixed a bug where great successes weren't granting the proper number of positive qualities when crafting.
- Fixed a bug where Evasive Strike, Blindness (Oracle ability), and Bow hit penalties were being applied if you diagonal from your target (rather than 1 Range).
- Fixed a bug where Analyze Weakness wouldn't call out Water weaknesses.
- Fixed a bug where Verglas' Ice Point Greaves were not leaving behind Ice Sheets on tiles you walked on.
- Fixed a bug where you were retaining equipped skills, items you couldn't use, etc. on Legend Extend.
- Fixed a bug where selecting 'cancel' when changing your house's sign text could lock up your character.
- Fixed a bug where monsters dying on their own turn caused double turns to occur.
- Fixed a bug where party invites could cause you to be invited to multiple parties, causing silliness.
- Fixed a bug where the Custom Battlefield was showing its area on the wrong floor if used in an Extra Level.
- Fixed a bug where the Custom Battlefield was recreating the battle indicator on the map if battle was begun in its area.
- Fixed a bug where being kicked from a home didn't reset your map limitations properly.

Click here to learn how to install and play the game!
Or click here to view the game's hub page and learn about it, see screenshots, who's playing, and more!

Print this item

Skill Slots Suggestion
Posted by: RoboCat - 12-02-2014, 10:49 AM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (34)

I think that having the skill slots based on will along with the newer level based system is a little over the top.

First off, will based classes get -everything- for -every- situation. They get attacks for all the elements. If you use both the classes, you'll have the diversity to not care about any situation in pvp at-all. It makes events between the players that result in fighting feel senseless and one-sided. I don't see why if I'm a marital artist, that I cannot use all of my martial arts in a fight. It's part of a series of problems relating to the game's balance and I think it can be easily fixed. Here's my suggestion to make battle, pvp and pve more easy and balanced in terms of what a character can and cannot do in a battle-wise situation.

The current skillslot system is wil/10 + 5 + lv/10

My suggested skillslot calculation is Highest Base Stat/10+ 5 + lv/10

I think the Will stat should be completely removed from the equation.

If anything was unclear, please let me know. EDIT:Fixed the suggestion. I had forgot to put the +5 in there.

Print this item

Reflected Shots
Posted by: Rendar - 12-01-2014, 09:21 PM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (5)

If you reflect shots back at a magic gunner, their shell effects YOU and themselves < In the case of Chain Shell that is >

Print this item

Riposte
Posted by: Rendar - 12-01-2014, 09:15 PM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (6)

Can Riposte counter ranged attacks that are made in melee. That'd be great.

Print this item

Sigrogana Legend 2 Discord