Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 796
» Latest member: mouseluli
» Forum threads: 10,908
» Forum posts: 55,469

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 392 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 387 Guest(s)
Bing, Facebook, Google, Poruku, Skimmy2

Latest Threads
Lolzytripd
Duyuei Wall Raid Part 2

Forum: Balance Fu
Last Post: Lolzytripd
4 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 121
Snake
Spirit Hell

Last Post: Snake
7 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 75
Snake
War Cry

Last Post: Snake
7 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 44
Raigen.Convict
Ruler needs a final Seal ...

Forum: Suggestions
Last Post: Raigen.Convict
Yesterday, 12:17 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 82
Turadis
A Dicey Suggestion

Forum: Suggestions
Last Post: Turadis
10-16-2024, 07:00 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 85
Shujin
Cryotherapeutic

Last Post: Shujin
10-16-2024, 04:33 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 340
Shujin
Please Remove Homunculi H...

Last Post: Shujin
10-16-2024, 04:22 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 402
matthewmwps
[2.91 v2] Swap weapon Kno...

Forum: Bug Reports
Last Post: matthewmwps
10-16-2024, 05:59 AM
» Views: 42
Rendar
2.91v2 Wall AoEs

Last Post: Rendar
10-15-2024, 04:48 PM
» Views: 40
AkaInuHime
[v2.91 v2] Blinded by the...

Last Post: AkaInuHime
10-15-2024, 03:13 AM
» Views: 41

Lore Library Map
Posted by: Ryu-Kazuki - 12-14-2014, 11:17 PM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (4)

So, part of a problem I've noticed over the course of time was how much people know about the basic lore of the game. Varying from people not knowing society's history, to people playing races incorrectly, etc, etc. Not to say that isn't bad, especially when it's intentional, but when the majority of IC society doesn't even know what things like Heaven's Contention is, or that Sigrogana and Oniga had a war a few years back, it gets a bit stupid and lack of actually knowing what the game is about.

Problem I've seen about that is people either being too lazy to go to the wiki and read up on things, or that most lore is thrown around the place and hard to find sometimes. Which I don't think story lore should be easy to find, but, society and world lore.....

Most of the people in game don't even know that the bookshelf behind Pink in the tutorial is a lore bank. They think it's just pretty decoration. And I don't recall her telling people to go check it out (that might be an incorrect statement on my part); but I don't think that those bits of info should remain only in the tutorial, especially if people want to look at it for references, and I don't think people should really have to go to the wiki for it.

I'm asking for a library that stores all the basic lore about society, the world, and history (the stuff in Pink's area with additions later on) that people can go to and read up on lore, or just hang out and RP at as a bonus. I'm almost kind of begging for this because it almost seems necessary as a place because most people don't know the game's basic information. Plus it would be really nice to have.

Now, as to where? Slap it in Chaturanga, or Tannis (because why not? Nobody goes there for anything anyway). It'd give both of these places more of a reason to go.

As for below; this is what kind of sparked my desire to suggest this topic, when most people don't even know about this kind of thing existing, and I feel it's pretty necessary for at least the players to have an idea it exists since if the player doesn't know, how would the character know?

OOC PSOHype: so how is the economy in this game? the byond mage didnt really say much about the lore
OOC Fern22: the awkward moment when i have to look in about five alts for my marching band
Doctor Mavis Haemin says "So what? We'll just leave her this way until the end of her days?"
OOC Black Ryu X: Lore is either in game or on the wiki
OOC MegaBlues: the economy is non-existant essentially, the lore is alright
OOC Black Ryu X: And some of the shit needs to be in game
OOC Black Ryu X: Like all the tutorial lore that nobody reads
OOC Black Ryu X: Aka the shit on Pink's bookhelves behind her
OOC Mitikozuki: ,,,
OOC Mitikozuki: Those are lore?
OOC Black Ryu X: Yes
OOC PSOHype: would i be able to make my own town or spmething?
OOC Dinogun: People don't really notice that you can click those.
OOC Acemaster296: ikr
OOC Mitikozuki: Thought it was decoration
OOC Black Ryu X: They have an interface if you click on them
OOC MegaBlues: i didnt even know you could interact with those, yikes
OOC AgentMurasaki: LOL.
OOC Mitikozuki: ...
OOC Black Ryu X: And they have basic game lore
OOC AgentMurasaki: Yeah, you can.
OOC Mitikozuki: I want to read them
OOC AgentMurasaki: It's kin of cool, too.
OOC Black Ryu X: Heaven's Contention, etc
OOC Black Ryu X: All that is in the tutorial area
OOC Black Ryu X: And ONLY the tutorial area
OOC Black Ryu X: Which is bad
OOC Mitikozuki: We need a public library
OOC Black Ryu X: They need to be accessible anywhere
OOC Black Ryu X: Or in a library map
OOC Black Ryu X: YES, I SUGGEST THAT FOREVER AGO(oir)
OOC Mitikozuki: One with a fanfiction section, pending section, and approved section
OOC Black Ryu X: I'm actually going to resuggest that, since nobody knows that the bookshelf in Pink's actually has lore
OOC Black Ryu X: Which is bad
OOC Black Ryu X: Because it talks about the basic gist of the game
OOC Black Ryu X: IE, continents, wars, etc
Adorea Viatolé says "This is, who she is."
OOC Trex Man: oh god I never knew that

Print this item

[Query] Dragon King's Set
Posted by: MegaBlues - 12-14-2014, 09:12 PM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (4)

What exactly completes this set?

I don't think anyone has seen a weapon or accessory to complement it, if it's on the loot table.

Print this item

Coral and Harvest
Posted by: MegaBlues - 12-14-2014, 09:10 PM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (3)

I don't believe that Coral is getting the benefits from Harvest. That, or I'm an unlucky shmuck.

Print this item

[Overload] Over-calm the heck down
Posted by: Blissey - 12-14-2014, 02:31 PM - Forum: Balance Fu - Replies (12)

Overload's too powerful, and in the past plenty of people have asked for Overload to be ranked up instead of being an easy-to-charge Rank D invocation. I propose this to be done, because there's really (barely) such thing as a character who doesn't have several stat modifiers on at the same time, -especially- in battle. Feel free to suggest and discuss. I'm outtie.

Print this item

Gun ideas for future gun classes
Posted by: Lolzytripd - 12-14-2014, 01:31 AM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (2)

some ideas are based on other things, but a lot of stuff already is ...so yeah.

Run N' Gun
-4/4/3/3/2 move
4/4/4/4/3m
20fp/18/17/15/14

same as normal movement but after selecting the movement choice, you may select a target to perform a basic attack against within range of your movement line

Clown cartidge
a luck based chance of accidentally reloading your gun wrong.

50%-luck chance of normal reload
25%+1/2 luck chance of 1 additional round on basic attack
25% +1/2 luck chance of 1 less round on basic attack

Money shot.
basic attack
Increased crit if target has more mura than you.
Increased hit if target has less mura than you.
amount is 5 per rank + higher mura/ lower mura to max of 50

Spray and Pray
cone based aoe attack
xfp cost (unsure for balance)
Does pierce gun damage = 50%skill+50%faith

Lockn'load
buff
Repairs 3 durability and gives a bonus to hit and crit

Ricochet rounds
A missed shot on a target has a chance of ricocheting and hitting any enemy within x tiles based on rank including the target at reduced 75% damage based on 2/4/6/8/10%+luck

Bullet Ballet toggle
Pistol only
Basic attacks consume 10fp per enemy withing range. 5fp if dual wielding.
basic attacks fire 1 round at all enemies within range instead of standard amount at a single target.

and thats all I got for now.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GOD DAMNIT SUGGEST SOME IDEAS OF YOUR OWN IN THIS THREAD, then after sharing your ideas, feel free to rip my ass a new one

Print this item

Enchantments
Posted by: Rendar - 12-13-2014, 06:39 PM - Forum: Balance Fu - Replies (1)

So, quite a few enchantments are. Well. Rather lackluster. So, why not give them "talent buffs" like a few other give?

Fated gives Devotion, It's a 'religious' based thing.

Kings give Fluency, What King can't write?

Floating, or a new boot Enchant, gives SNEAKING bonus.

Jeweled Raises the Charisma Talent.

Lucky lets you find more items, so why not have it give Scout ranks?

Discuss, add opinions.

Print this item

BW And Mages
Posted by: Rendar - 12-13-2014, 04:53 PM - Forum: Balance Fu - Replies (4)

So. Like. Mages take 0 penalty to casting for being over BW.

I propose they lose Spell Damage for being over BW, or their spells cost 1-5% more to cast for every point they're over.

Print this item

Lich-Fu
Posted by: Rendar - 12-13-2014, 04:21 AM - Forum: Balance Fu - Replies (11)

Okay so, Liches are pretty terribad. Especially against anything faster than them/capable of knocking them down.

So lets look at my lich, Konlei.

[Image: b30b0f515a.jpg]

16 defense, 135 HP with Exceptional Health. Lets go further to say that they wear a Bodyguard with 20 defense.

53 CEL, so he might go first, but against a speedster/anyone with decent CEL, not likely.

So lets assume he goes against... a verglas, or even another evoker.

Lets go with Verglas first.

Let's assume this Verglas has a 30 power fist, not hard to get, 70 CEL, also not hard to get if they try, and rank 1 Heaven Kick+Rank 5 Verg stuff.

Well, if PVP breaks out. They'll be able to fly across the battlefield and almost always, immediately, land a HEAVENS kick. This could be quaking, this could be otherwise. Lets assume 10 distance, 10*2+30+5 or whatever damage. 55-36= 19 damage to the Lich. About 1/7th of the Liches HP gone. Then the Verglas follows up with a swift rapid kick. 70+30+20. 120 damage. 120-36 = 86/6=6 kicks of 14 damage.

The lich now has about 32 HP to retaliate, and he hasn't even gotten his turn yet. So, he'll try to dish out as much as he can. Sear, heal. He heals all of his HP back, with ease, and dishes out some damage. however he's still standing next to his opponent.

The opponent then finishes it with RAPID KICK *2, or Axe Kick >Rapid Kick > Rapid Kick or any combination thereupon.

----LICH LOSS----

Evoker vs Lich?

Let's assume 70 WIL Evoker, 25 Power Tome, R5 Magaisendo. R5 Earth stuff.

The lich has 51 Resist this time around, they should be set!

The opponent starts off with a charge mind since they're faster. The lich follows up with the same. However this evoker is a cheap asshole and decides to double cast Magaisendo with his charge mind.

((70+25+23+5)*2.5-51)/2=128.25 Lich is almost dead, Another cast and... Lich is dead.

Liches need .something. anything to balance them out because half-HP is way to detrimental to their survivability in PVP and .definitely. in PVE

Print this item

Shop Stalls in Cellsvich
Posted by: Rendar - 12-13-2014, 12:47 AM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (3)

So like. I decided to buy 400-500 hours in the empty stalls of Cellsvich to see what was going on.

The 6 infront of Asago, The one directly infront of Gainer's forge and right beside the pawn shop < Left most one > Alongside the top two-most shop stalls.

Upon a reboot, all hours were lost and the shop stalls were 'unowned' yet again. These stalls did not have shopkeepers in them, however.

Print this item

Bodyguard and a REAL nerf
Posted by: Ryu-Kazuki - 12-13-2014, 12:40 AM - Forum: Balance Fu - Replies (8)

So with the new Battle Weight system in place, some people can carry around Bodyguards with no problem whatsoever, while maintaining ridiculous amounts of dodge. I spoke to Sderg after finding out that's the thing and got a few statistics from him about his character who has a Bodyguard.

244.86 Dodge

BG Weight 48

53 STR / 40 Base

BW total 48 / 58

Lv 60

5 fist / 5 sword / 5 packrat

Katana weight mod 5

Fist weight mod 3

So basically, if you do this right, you can run around with the benefits of a Bodyguard with no penalty, and on top of that, you have ridiculous amounts of dodge to boot while gaining a good effect. Mind you this is also without Indomitable in the mix.

I propose a change to the item in question by making the wearing suffer 25% (or 50%) BW reduction, because even those who can achieve 80 STR would still have around 60 BW while wearing a Bodyguard without Indomitable, Packrat, or Weapon Expertises. IE; If wearing Bodyguard -25% (or 50%) total BW.

Or, as Sderg has suggested, make the wearer of Bodyguard suffer -50% total Evade (after mods apply).

These are at least two suggestions to make the item not be ridiculous for high strength users having little to no penalty in the process and getting high dodge rates as a Black Knight or carrying around a -50% to all damage for something they can easily bypass with strength.

Print this item

Sigrogana Legend 2 Discord