Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 796
» Latest member: mouseluli
» Forum threads: 10,908
» Forum posts: 55,469

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 463 online users.
» 3 Member(s) | 456 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Facebook, Google, Kotaro, Lolzytripd

Latest Threads
Lolzytripd
Duyuei Wall Raid Part 2

Forum: Balance Fu
Last Post: Lolzytripd
2 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 118
Snake
Spirit Hell

Last Post: Snake
6 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 72
Snake
War Cry

Last Post: Snake
6 hours ago
» Replies: 2
» Views: 44
Raigen.Convict
Ruler needs a final Seal ...

Forum: Suggestions
Last Post: Raigen.Convict
Yesterday, 12:17 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 80
Turadis
A Dicey Suggestion

Forum: Suggestions
Last Post: Turadis
10-16-2024, 07:00 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 85
Shujin
Cryotherapeutic

Last Post: Shujin
10-16-2024, 04:33 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 340
Shujin
Please Remove Homunculi H...

Last Post: Shujin
10-16-2024, 04:22 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 399
matthewmwps
[2.91 v2] Swap weapon Kno...

Forum: Bug Reports
Last Post: matthewmwps
10-16-2024, 05:59 AM
» Views: 41
Rendar
2.91v2 Wall AoEs

Last Post: Rendar
10-15-2024, 04:48 PM
» Views: 39
AkaInuHime
[v2.91 v2] Blinded by the...

Last Post: AkaInuHime
10-15-2024, 03:13 AM
» Views: 41

Non Melee Weapons and General Weapon Skills
Posted by: Ranylyn - 12-12-2014, 06:21 PM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (1)

So, for various reasons, you might want a ranged weapon in your main hand and a melee weapon in your off hand. You could be an Arbalest. You could have an Ether or Divine melee weapon and need Maintenance for your Ranged weapon. You could have the melee weapon to facilitate one single skill, and not have Sub Attack. There's various possibilities.

I was recently talking with someone who had to scrap a Vampire Arbalest. Why? Banquet and Bow Hit penalty. Banquet hits at 1 range with the equipped weapon. Only 1 range. Bows get a hit penalty at that range. Thus, all he could do was equip another weapon, go Banquet things until he had 100 Essence, and never touch Silvermists and the like again.

Or, I have an Engi/Kensei who has a Mainhand Gun and an Offhand Sword. She has the strength to do decently with the sword and all, but it's Ether and the gun isn't, so the gun needs to be in the main slot. But Riposte and Repel both hit with the gun, and scale on Str instead of skill. While I actually like this on my MG/G with his shotgun, on my Engi/Kensei, I do wish there was a way to make the sword hit, instead.

I also imagine Tacticians might run into this issue sometimes, since their reliance on Tomes for making their skills good = "Huh.This gets wonky with some subclasses, like BK, Duelist, and such."

Oh, and Forgeries. Can't forget Forgeries.

Proposal: A toggle trait to disable main hand weapon use for skills that can work with any weapon, to allow the off hand weapon to be used in these scenarios instead.

Print this item

[Dungeon Items] Bombing Doors
Posted by: Ranylyn - 12-12-2014, 06:01 PM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (3)

As it stands, Bomb Items presently suck in battle.

Why not give them another purpose: Bombing dungeon doors!

I recently was in a dungeon on a Level 40 with 17 Strength and low on lockpicks. She triggered a Teleport Trap while trying to disarm it. It plunked her in a hallway with locked doors at either side. She broke her lockpicks and was unable to bash the doors down - and trust me, I was mashing that bash for like 5 minutes. I didn't care about the damage I was taking; she's a healer. Anyways, ultimately, I had two choices: log off, or Alga Plume. And I was low on Plumes.

I propose the ability to outright destroy a door, so it cannot be closed again, with a bomb item. Place one in your Utility Belt, Click it, and it bombs the door in front of you. Maybe affecting a 3x3 area to handle doors behind doors, which is common.

Print this item

[Red Argus]
Posted by: Ranylyn - 12-12-2014, 05:39 PM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (1)

http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=372

So... the Red Argus is a Spear that let you use Axe skills.

Except... it doesn't work with an axe skill...?

You have to admit, bug or not, it does seem to be an oversight, at the very least.

I thought I'd make a new thread about it rather than bog up the bug report.

Print this item

Goblin and Bandit Drops
Posted by: Mivereous - 12-12-2014, 05:19 PM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (1)

I think I heard a loooong while back that if you defeat a goblin speary and it hadn't used its Stabilizer yet, you got the Stabilizer. I don't know if that's on a percent chance or something, but I haven't had that happen in a long while, so that may be broken. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, or if they've seen this recently and maybe I'm just unlucky.

Also I was wondering if the same thing was in affect for Bandits, because I've never had that happen with them.

Print this item

Bandits 2.0
Posted by: Mivereous - 12-12-2014, 05:16 PM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (4)

So since Bandits are people too, how about having them come equipped with gear like accessories, gloves, shoes, and unarmored/light armor type things? Probably not weapons, because that would break their current skills probably. You probably wouldn't be able to retrieve these items from them after a battle (since you, reader, are a vile overlord badass of JUSTICE, and seek to REK ITS FACE AND OTHER BODY PARTS), but maybe there could be a 1% chance to retrieve some item from them.

Just a thought.

Print this item

Redo test run
Posted by: Lolzytripd - 12-12-2014, 03:24 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (9)

Can we have another test run of that stat level up idea dev had where you got growth % per level on a static system.

I'd like to see how it would fair now with how high we can get growths from legend authoring.

Print this item

statistical equality
Posted by: Lolzytripd - 12-12-2014, 02:29 AM - Forum: Balance Fu - Replies (8)

Blind only effects hit, in real life someone throws sand in someones eye, then catches them right in the side of the cheek unaware.

with that in mind Blind should affect Evade just as it does hit.

Fear should as well.

Print this item

Ideas for More Weapon Customization Parts
Posted by: Sawrock - 12-12-2014, 01:55 AM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (3)

Onigan Blade (Sword Blade)
Adds sword type of Katana. -10 Hit. +5 Critical.

Shortsword Blade (Sword Blade)
-1 Power. +5 Critical.

Long Hilt (Sword Hilt)
+10 Hit. -2 Power.

Trident Tip (Spear Tip)
+2 Power. +2 additonal Power vs. Aquatics. -8 Hit.

Power Pole (Spear/Axe Pole)
+1 Range. +10 Weight. -10 Hit. -10 Critical.

Crossbow Body (Bow Body)
+5 Weight. +5 Power to Arbalest skills. Made of ore instead of wood.

Print this item

Loot balancing
Posted by: Lolzytripd - 12-12-2014, 01:53 AM - Forum: Balance Fu - Replies (15)

Can we please have a lower the chance of CRAFTABLE items being drawn from the loot table and increase other stuffs chance.

I have not seen many of the older high rarity items drop in a long time.

the problem is back when the loot table was smaller, we were able to stock a decent amount of rarer weapons. now that the loot table is bigger, its harder to get the good stuff.

Print this item

[Summoner] Another Got Dang Summoner
Posted by: Rendar - 12-11-2014, 08:26 PM - Forum: Balance Fu - Replies (10)

So it's that time of the month where we argue about why summoners are ridiculously overpowered if they bother to level their summons at all. This mainly is coming up because I watched an LB/Evo fight an Evo/GS and only win because of summons being bugged currently. Hell, even with them bugged, the LB/EVO would have lost if they didn't spam heal themself and get away from the .four. summons that spawned within skill spamming range. One of them did actually land a hit, which dealt about 110-130 ACID damage.

So, again. Let's look through the youkai repertoire for why Mass Summoning, or rather, summoning youkai in general, is OP.

Terrasque

With a 90% Strength Growth, 35% DEF, 50% RES, and 65% VIT growth when maxed out, this bugger isn't going to go down easily.

His skill attack is SHATTER BEAM, which costs 3 M, 8~9 FP, and is a 5-range attack. Dealing (STR/2)+TERRASQUE LEVEL Earth Physical damage and reduced your targets DEF AND RES by 3+(TERRASQUE LVL/5) for 3 rounds. At level 60, which is what this girl had hers at, thats about 68-69 FP ( divided by 2 if it uses it itself ), (STR/2)+60 Earth Phys damage. Remember that 90% Strength growth? Yeah. I doubt that's going to be low. and -15 DEF/RES which means you're way more susceptible to getting wrecked.

What are its other skills, maybe they open a weakness on the fellow? Oh. They don't.

Skitterscale, which provides 10 Evasion and 2 defense, and Regrowth which provides 2 HP regen. So it's a tanky lil' bugger.

Carbuncle

Another in the mystic tree! This guy has 80% WIL, 35% DEF, 50% RES, and 65% VIT growth when maxed out. Again, he won't be going down easy.

His skill attack is RUBY BEAM which costs 3 M, 8-9 FP, 5 range attack dealing WIL+CARBUNCLE LEVEL Earth Magical damage. At level 60, this is about 68-69 FP ( divided by 2 still ), WIL+60 Earth Phys Damage. It also BLINDS the person it hits, which is just ew.

What are its other skills, maybe they open a weakness on the fellow? Oh. They don't.

10% Dark Resistance, and should you have 7 youkai, +7 to all of its stats barring Vitality. Which means this lil tyke just got a whole lot stronger and deadly. With its High WIL growth, it will also be able to zap people with its beam for quite some time.

Sazae Oni

Oh boy, another mystic. What a surprise. It has the same growths as Carbuncle.

It's skill attack is WHIRLPOOL which is a CIRCLE 3 that deals WIL+ SAZAE ONI LEVEL water magical damage. Enemies who are smacked by it are dragged in 1 square. 3 M, 8-9 FP. At level 60 thats a rare damage type with WIL+60 damage at 68-69 FP (/2) and it drags you closer to its friends, usually. Meaning that its perfect for set ups.

What do its skills offers? Water Immunity, +2 SKI, and +6 dmg to kicks. So, Water Immunity and +2 SKI to itself. Ouch.

Wawa

This fairy is DANGEROUS. 100% Will growth, 100% Cel, 35% Def, 75% RES, and 60% Vit. She will often outspeed you and will take forever to go down.

Her skill attack is Black Rose, 2 range, 3M, 7-8 FP for it at level 1, blinds OR charms you for 2 turns. Which means you become a miss-monster against her or USELESS if you get the latter effect. It deals WIL+ WAWA LEVEL Dark Magical Damage. At level 60, that's at least 69 WIL+ 60 damage for 67-68/2 FP

What do the other skills offer? 10% Resist to status effects and.. LUC+WAWA LEVEL% chance to leech WAWA LEVEL/2 FP from a target to give to herself. So, she can sustain herself.

Izabe

Oh boy,same growths as Wawa. Lets get a move on to the pain-train then.

Her skill attack is Fairy Lance which is a Line 5, 3 M, 8-9 FP attack that deals WIL+IZABE level LIGHT MAGIC damage to the first enemy it hits. Not only that, but it also gets a nice scaling benefit of extra range every 10 Izabe levels up to a maximum of 11 squares in that line. Cross-board sniping anyone?

She has 10% Resist to status effects and the ability to raise FAI/RES of all allies within (2+Izabe Level/2) range by 2. If she's installed, it's even more.

Asrai

Same growths as the other fairies. Lets go.

Her attack is Parraeta, 7-8 FP, 3 M, 4 Range. It deals magical water damage equal to.. wait. What? 5+(2*Asrai Level) and.. heals the caster for HALF of that amount. So, at level 60, it will deal 125 damage and heal you for half of the damage it deals. That's silly and you know it.

Thankfully, she's a water fairy. So she gets 10% to resist status effects but also takes 25% extra Fire damage for her 50% Water Resist.

Kilkenny

So this big guy has 95% Strength, 35% Wil, 75% CEL, 35% DEF and RES, with 95% VIT.

His attack skill is CAT'S CLAW. 3 M, 8 FP, 4 Range. It deals Slash Magical Damage equal to CEL+Kilkenny Level. It also reduces the targets FP by Kilkenny Level/2. Which means that at level 60 it is 68/2 FP, 4 Range, 3 M for CEL+60 Magical Slash Damage and reduces your targets FP by 30.

With such a good attack, it has to have a lot of drawbacks right?

It deals 10% extra damage to Beast, Lupine, Felidae, and Grimalkin race types, and has 25% Slash Resistance, with 25% Water Weakness. So, weak to a rare damage type. Got it.

Byakko

This guy has the same growths as Kilkenny!

His attack is Thunder claw, 3 M, 8 FP, 2 Range. Deals Physical Lightning damage equal to STR+Byakko level. At level 60 that's 68/2 FP, 3 M, 2 Range, and STR+60 damage.

His skills give him +2 STR if he's near the west side of the map, and a self buff to STR equal to (2+ByakkoLvl/5) for (3+ByakkoLvl/10) rounds. At level 60 thats +14 Strength for 9 rounds.

Drowned Woman

75% WIL, 60% Def, 50% Res, 80% Vit. Eesh, she's tanky.

Her attack is Drown, 6 FP 3 M, 4 range that deals WIL+Drowned Woman Level water magical damage. It can also silence a target for 3 rounds. At level 60 thats 66/2 FP that deals WIL+60 Water Magical Damage that silences.

Her skills is what makes her the worst offender of OP youkai syndrome. She's treated as a ghost type and is immune to burn status, but also gains resist 50% Blunt, Piercing, Slashing damage. That means any melee fighter will almost-always lose a momentum for attacking her. The other thread specifically about her does it better justice.

Seiryuu

65% WIL, 70% CEL, 95% DEF, 50% RES, 80% Vit. A true tanky tank.

His attack skill is Hunter's Wind, 7-9 FP 3 M, 3 Range. Deals WIL+SEIRYUU level Wind Magic damage, also inflicts HUNTED for 2 rounds equal to SEIRYUULVL/2. Painful as hell. At level 60 this costs 67-69/2 FP, 3 M, 3 Range and WIL+60 Wind Magic damage that also further increases damage he does later by 30%.

His skills give him +2 CEL if he's to the east alongside 5 DEF and 10 Crit Evade, meaning that physical attackers will almost .never. harm him. Like. Ever. Have fun.

Haku

85% WIL, 70% CEL, 95% Def, 50% Res, 100% Vit. These things just get tankier...

Haku's attack is Ice Jet, dealing WIL+Haku Level Ice Magical Damage to all enemies in Line 5. 10 FP, 3 M. It also leaves ice tiles behind too. At level 60 this is WIL+60 Ice Magical damage for 70/2 FP. Painful.

If you happen to have the dragon trio, all of its stats barring Vit get a +3 should he be summoned. Oh, Seiryuu also gets that too. Immune to ice, with a 25% Fire Weakness.

Chun

45% WIL, 70% CEL, 95% DEF, 50% RES, 100% VIT.

His skill attack is Fire jet, dealing WIL+Chun Level Fire Magical damage to all enemies in a line 5. 10 FP, 3 M. It also leaves behind Cinder Tiles which do half that damage for each step on them. At level 60 thats WIL+60 fire magical damage for 70/2 FP. Leaving behind Cinder tiles that deal (WIL+60)/2 unresistable fire damage should you run over them, or be shoved over them.

If you happen to have the dragon trio, all of its stats barring Vit get a +3 should he be summoned. Oh, Seiryuu also gets that too. Immune to Fire, with a 25% Ice Weakness.

Hatsu

75% WIL, 70% CEL, 85% DEF, 40% RES, 80% VIT

Acid Jet is a 10 FP, 3 M skill that deals Magical Acid Damage in LINE 5 to all enemies for WIL+HATSU level. It also reduces targets defense and res by 2 for 3 rounds. At level 60 thats 70/2 FP, 3 M, and it deals WIL+60 Acid Magical Damage.

If you happen to have the dragon trio, all of its stats barring Vit get a +3 should he be summoned. Oh, Seiryuu also gets that too. Immune to Acid, with a 25% Water Weakness.

One of these, on its own, isn't that bad... However, it starts to get hectic, and even to OP levels whenever a Summoner brings out 6 of these guys. Even then, it's somewhat manageable because the AI is .kind. of bad though if they swarm you have 0 escape chance and will take atleast 1/4th to 1/3rd of your health away in a single hit while tossing a generally debilitating status effect on you. If the summoner is smart, and faster, they can simply SKIP. Should you get close at all, they can drag you back to the summons, or summon new ones to be right beside him at the end of the round.

"Counter Skipping" won't work to combat this either, because you WILL be swarmed if you do that.

This isn't even the worst of the problems. The summoner can, and more than likely will, Summon Storm 6 out then combat alongside them. Sure it costs FP but if they're an Evoker they can Charge Mind, Blue Potion, Magaisendo. or if they want to be more 'denial' based, Charge Mind, Move, Sear. Etc. If they're an LB they can move to give their Summons healing. Tactician? Let's give all those youkai some extra move baby! That way they can swarm faster than before.

Hell, if they're simply a GS/Mage they can royally screw you. They can simply skip if they're faster, Blink past you, then Swap Position so that you're closer to the SWARM of youkai that is more-than-likely following you.

Youkai need to have their skill power reduced, higher FP cost, SOMETHING. SOMETHING to make them not have 300-500 HP .per. youkai that a person has to run through. A summoner can have 3 out and not lose any FP. That is the equivalent of summoning 3 bad AI allies but it can break the fight towards your favor.

Print this item

Sigrogana Legend 2 Discord