Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 778
» Latest member: mugiwarashop
» Forum threads: 10,536
» Forum posts: 53,899

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 154 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 150 Guest(s)
Bing, Google, Skullcatrons

Latest Threads
Neus
[2.85f] Snatch Spell? Mor...

Forum: Bug Reports
Last Post: Neus
2 hours ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 21
Neus
[2.85f] Twin Dance Regali...

2 hours ago
» Views: 36
Lolzytripd
Hyattr NERF Thread

Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: Lolzytripd
3 hours ago
» Replies: 5
» Views: 50
CuriosityaboutMyself
corrupted normalcy

Forum: Suggestions
Last Post: CuriosityaboutMyself
3 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 21
CabbitNet
Cordycloth (Fungusbark Cl...

Forum: Submissions
Last Post: CabbitNet
11 hours ago
» Views: 47
Poruku
Verglas Stance QoL additi...

Forum: Quality-of-Life (QoL)
Last Post: Poruku
Yesterday, 02:00 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 59
Toffee
Invention Application - M...

Forum: Applications
Last Post: Toffee
04-23-2024, 09:56 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 31
Neus
[V2.85F] Duyuei Map Tile ...

04-23-2024, 08:16 PM
» Views: 73
Neus
Extremely Aggressive Cold...

04-23-2024, 08:15 PM
» Views: 73
Neus
[Version 2.85f] No pushin...

04-23-2024, 08:14 PM
» Views: 97

Don't account share.
Posted by: Neus - 09-09-2016, 04:40 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (8)

Earlier today I was made aware of a situation where someone allegedly logged into another player's account and performed several malicious acts. The perpetrator was said to get the login information for the account from the person who allegedly did these things. Which brings me to today's topic;

DO NOT SHARE YOUR LOGIN CREDENTIALS WITH ANYONE ELSE.

By doing so you not only risk the security of your BYOND and SL2 accounts and characters, but you also run the risk of getting any accounts with the same or similar passwords compromised. If a person with such information gets into your e-mail account, they could find financial information, or e-mails from places you have other accounts (which can then be compromised in turn), or even personal information such as phone numbers or addresses, not just for you, but anyone you have contacted.

Since this is such a serious concern which I've warned against in the past, yet have been ignored about, starting with the next update (1.63), the following rule additions are going into effect:

1) You are not permitted to share your BYOND keys with another person on SL2.
2) Logging into someone else's SL2 account is prohibited.

I will also be adding account flagging if the game suspects your account has been logged into by another person, which I will then investigate. If I find any evidence that suggests you are account sharing during this investigation, you may be temporarily banned, or permanently banned if you are a repeat offender. This also applies to the person logging into the account.

Print this item

Shotgun tweaks.
Posted by: Autumn - 09-09-2016, 01:55 AM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (4)

I want to discuss the possibility of changing shotguns to be a more unique weapon type, right now they're just classified as single shots with less range and less critical and hit than an excel sniper, I kind of want to suggest a few changes to them to make them a bit more unique.

-Shotguns can be limited to a very short range, and will not benefit from Volley, volley formation, long barrel, etc.

-Shotguns can have better/worse damage in certain ranges, in 1 range a shotgun will have 1.25x damage, in 2 range a shotgun has 1.0x damage, in 3 range it has 0.75x damage.

-Shotguns can shoot in a new, unique cone-like formation, similar to how firthrower and jackhammer have unique ranges that set them apart from other guns, shotguns can shoot in an AoE in a very limited range, being short ranged AoE powerhouses that can obliterate clumped up groups of monsters.

Normal:
[Image: cd82a38471.png]

Enhanced Range(Can be implemented into a certain weapon part like Double Barrel, or into One Shot Wonder rank 5, or into a new engineer passive, into overcharge, anything really.)
[Image: dd93dc37d7.png]

Would this be too difficult to implement? Any thoughts? I thought this would be cool and push shotguns to be a real kick ass close ranged weapon, and give benefits to running a shotgun over a sniper rifle/jackhammer.

Print this item

[Board] Seeking Mechanic
Posted by: Gregaman - 09-09-2016, 01:36 AM - Forum: Sigrogana - No Replies

There is a flier on the notice board that looks rather plain, and not particularly eye catching, apart from a small essence of focus and ki.

[Image: Vanus_Inanis_Mechanic_Request_Flier.png]

Despite the fact that it's not particularly eye-catching, the mention of a "Void Reactor" was potentially offputting.

Print this item

Class Screen Growths
Posted by: Exxy - 09-08-2016, 08:19 PM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (4)

This isn't so much a bug, it's more of a thing that got missed during an update:

[Image: 198664cf7bc74f879b51e8a0b44eb254.png]

The old growths still display on the double-click class images.

Print this item

Wyverntouched/Hexer and Payback
Posted by: Akame - 09-08-2016, 04:38 PM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (1)

When biting yourself with Poison bite as a Wyverntouched, you suffer from your own status effect 'Payback' and lose 30% status resistance at the max rank of the skill, despite the effect reading, "When an enemy damages you,".

Print this item

Melee Fighting
Posted by: Rendar - 09-08-2016, 09:50 AM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (1)

In most tabletop games, if you exit from melee with a target without being careful, or them in a position where they can't attack, you take an attack of opportunity. This can generally be a weak thing. Though, sometimes, it can be brutal if they've built for denying you movement if they get in close.

An example of this in an MMO, Wakfu, that deals with tile combat, is that to disengage with a target, you must use an ability that pushes them back, or yourself... or you have to have a higher "DODGE" than their "LOCK" (arbitrary stats, but hold that thought.) Depending on your DODGE to their LOCK, you took penalties outside of the norm. If you were much lower, you lost AP (Momentum), alongside an extra few tiles of movement. If it was sort of lower, you lost a tile of moment. Etc.

I think this system would translate really well into SL2's combat oriented system. Most of the trouble I see in the forums is that "Mobility is too easy! Rada rada, archers are OP!" And, while I feel this is true. This would be a unique way to settle this. It'd stop people from breaking apart from you if you get in close to deny mobility.

Now, what stats would you use?

LOCK could be tied to 3 stats. STR, SKI, and DEF.

DODGE could be tied to 2 stats. CEL and LUC.

Yes, this implies that LOCK will be better than DODGE, but that's the point. It's meant to stop people from disengaging from a fight easily without taking penalties. It's meant to hamper mobility-- and yes. Before you ask. This will also cripple the hell out of you if you try to use movement and walk past a tile that someone is 'threatening'. On the plus side. LOCK is weaker at certain angles.

LOCK is stronger at the front, working at 100% efficiency. This means that disengaging when they're in your face will be hard. However at the sides, it operates at 75% (Could add a chivalry thing to raise this). And at the back, it's even less, operating at 50%. Meaning that flanking a target and the like will be exceptional to getting around their ability to lock a person down.

Teleport Movements, so long as they aren't starting in the square adjacent to the "Locker", will be exempt from these rules. And "Locker"s who are hindered with Hesitation, Charm, and possibly even fear will have lowered Lock, possibly to the point of just not even performing it against the target (in regards to CHARM).

Thoughts?

Print this item

what a guard is.
Posted by: Lolzytripd - 09-08-2016, 09:03 AM - Forum: General Discussion - Replies (1)

I don't think people understand what a guard is supposed to be.

The guards are not mini gms, The guards are not a punishement system, The guards are not omnipotent.

Guards are immersion, a realistic fact of life that completes the setting, for civilization to exist a force that keeps law and order must exist.

this is not how they are treated, players whine that the guards are omnipotent ect, guard players whine that players metagame to escape the guard.

How things should be.

1) a npc guard, that exists to re affirm the guards pressence in the world, this force should be present in all civilization but not be beyond the means of a player who ends up against them.

2) a clear understanding of what the player guard are, other players who take the role of guard to facilitate RP with the guard for the enjoyment of the players involved, the player guard also represent the elites of the guard.

3) that the system should be rigged in the way that is fun, not punishing, its more fun if a criminal player has chances to escape or live. Criminals aren't always executed, historically criminals who were strong were forced into the army and served in all prisoner battalions where they fought for their freedom.

I feel this needs to be discussed because every single day arguements start over the guard.

Print this item

No Entry. Cannot join server or find it on hub. HELP!
Posted by: KhalidtheGrey - 09-08-2016, 08:31 AM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (2)

So I've got a problem here. I went AFK for a couple hours and when I came back, SL2 had died (half expected that), however, I cannot get the client to even recognize that SL2, and only SL2, are even in the Byond hub. I have tried restarting and clearing the cache. The former has been done both to the Byond client on it's own and to the whole computer twice. I have no ideas left for what to try really. Help?

Print this item

Stat Infliction, it should even be called 'luck-based' anymore?
Posted by: Snake - 09-07-2016, 08:13 PM - Forum: Balance Fu - Replies (12)

So, how is Stat Inflict vs Stat Resistance calculated?

+2% per 1 SKI
+1% per 1 WIL

versus

+2% per 1 SAN
+1% per FAI

That means only Light ATK users can resist luck-infliction statuses? I remember LUC was also factored in the math before, why it was even removed?
This also means that one person with Black Bubble or a vial with Black Water can nullify the other's Stat Resistances because Black Water reduces FAI to 0.
This is easily the less accessible percentage in the game, and this is not good at all.

So why not add LUC to both again?

+1% per 1 LUC for both Infliction/Resistance.

Print this item

Matador - Retaliate
Posted by: Akame - 09-07-2016, 06:18 PM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (3)

Retaliate is currently dealing dark physical damage instead of dark magical damage despite it's description stating it's unresistable (Meaning, un-RES-able, or ignoring the RES stat).

Print this item

Sigrogana Legend 2 Discord