Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 796
» Latest member: mouseluli
» Forum threads: 10,907
» Forum posts: 55,463

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 766 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 763 Guest(s)
Facebook, Google

Latest Threads
Raigen.Convict
Ruler needs a final Seal ...

Forum: Suggestions
Last Post: Raigen.Convict
Today, 12:17 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 71
caliaca
Spirit Hell

Forum: Balance Fu
Last Post: caliaca
Yesterday, 05:16 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 46
Turadis
A Dicey Suggestion

Last Post: Turadis
10-16-2024, 07:00 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 82
Rendar
Duyuei Wall Raid Part 2

Last Post: Rendar
10-16-2024, 05:34 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 92
Shujin
Cryotherapeutic

Last Post: Shujin
10-16-2024, 04:33 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 328
Shujin
Please Remove Homunculi H...

Last Post: Shujin
10-16-2024, 04:22 PM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 393
matthewmwps
[2.91 v2] Swap weapon Kno...

Forum: Bug Reports
Last Post: matthewmwps
10-16-2024, 05:59 AM
» Views: 40
Rendar
2.91v2 Wall AoEs

Last Post: Rendar
10-15-2024, 04:48 PM
» Views: 34
AkaInuHime
[v2.91 v2] Blinded by the...

Last Post: AkaInuHime
10-15-2024, 03:13 AM
» Views: 38
Raigen.Convict
PvP zone

Last Post: Raigen.Convict
10-14-2024, 09:51 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 97

Ranylyn's kneejerk reaction to Evoker FP Tweaks.
Posted by: Ranylyn - 11-27-2014, 11:50 AM - Forum: Balance Fu - Replies (5)

Okay. I get it. The intent is to go "Level up your damn spells instead of leaving them at 1 for lower FP costs."

Here's the major issue, though. Who lacks the SP to sink into it? Lower levels. You know, the ones who have the pathetically poor FP pool by comparison?

I think the absolute highest FP I have on a low level character is 197 FP on a level 24 Wyverntouched Evoker with nearly perfect will growths, Exceptional will, and various FP bonuses from gear. Remove all those bonuses and suddenly 3 spells has it completely drained.

"Oh, Arcane Tattoo!" Sure, that should always be the first point you spend on Evoker anyways. But when the choice comes down to a 40 FP Magaisendo vs a 45 FP Isenshi, where would you rather apply that percentage based FP cost reduction?

Long story short, this guarantees that spells ideal for levelling... can't be used without sinking many levels into them first. Which is counterproductive.

Print this item

SL2 Version 1.04
Posted by: Neus - 11-27-2014, 11:16 AM - Forum: Announcements - Replies (1)

[float=left][Image: talkav_128.png][/float]
Version 1.04! You know, when I wrote the notes for this update, it felt like a lot less work than it ended up being. Some polishing effects to come, namely animations/etc, but for now, every Promoted Class except Tactician (because they're too new) got 2 new skills! And some other stuff. For example, Battle Weight.

Battle Weight is a new experimental system. Previously, armor weight was very important because it meant the difference between being able to dodge and just tanking everything. Conversely, weapon weight was usually only a positive quality; because people had more than enough Strength to exceed the weight, all weight did was become an additional damage modifier for Arbalests. Now, the total weight of your Main Weapon + Armor + Sub Weapon is now your 'Battle Weight'. Your Strength is your threshold; exceed that threshold, and for every 1 point you exceed it by, you suffer -2 Evade and -2 Hit. (You do not receive any benefits for going under; this may change if the system is successful.)

Some of the subtext here is that certain materials, namely Galdric (which reduces weight), and certain enchantments (namely Floating), have gotten better because they can dramatically reduce your Battle Weight. Rogues and other typically 'dodgey' types that are known for using weapons like daggers now have a reason to do so. Your Battle Weight is displayed below your HP and FP; the number on the left is your current Battle Weight, and the number on the right is your threshold. So 5/12 BW would mean you were under your maximum before you began taking penalties. While 24/20 would mean you are 4 over, meaning you suffer -8 Hit and -8 Evade.

As always, I'm open to feedback on this new system, so let me know if you like it or hate it.

Added - 2 new Arbalest skills have been added.

• Heavy Tackle - Use your weight against the enemy, getting them away from you and knocking them down if you're heavy enough.
  • Buster Cannon - Don't just shoot your enemy; leave a hole big enough to drive a towncar through.
Added - 2 new Black Knight skills have been added.
  • Crescent Rook - Cut your foes down with the black wind and appear next to them at the same time.
  • Stalemate - Parry your foes and negate their damage... if they're using a martial weapon.
Added - 2 new Engineer skills have been added.
  • Deploy: Metalaegis - Set out a machine whose only job is to make you safe. Laugh at enemies who stand next to it.
  • Bashfix - Beat on your machines to fix them.
Added - 2 new Evoker skills have been added.
  • Highwrath - Invoke the power of anger to increase your lightning critical hit rate.
  • Pure Power - Discard unneeded items to push your arcane power to even greater heights.
Added - 2 new Ghost skills have been added.
  • Dark Imbue - Turn your axe into a scythe, increasing its ability to hit enemies and causing it to deal extra dark damage.
  • Painproof - Hurt yourself to become harder to damage.
Added - 2 new Grand Summoner skills have been added.
  • Aegis Shift - Give the power of the Astral Aegis to one of your youkai temporarily, while losing it yourself.
  • Encourage - Let's positive thinking for a stat boost!
Added - 2 new Kensei skills have been added.
  • Counter Edge - Make your riposte even deadlier.
  • Reflect Shots - Turn deflected bullets back on your enemies.
Added - 2 new Lantern Bearer skills have been added.
  • Bask in Light - Stand still to increase the power of your eternal flame, giving allies protection from its element.
  • Guiding Light - Show an ally the light, curing them of blind.
Added - 2 new Magic Gunner skills have been added.
  • Akimbo - Two guns means twice the fun.
  • One Overload - Boost the power of one-shot guns loaded with magic bullets.
Added - 2 new Monk skills have been added.
  • Terra Strike - Slam the earth to damage nearby enemies and magnetize them.
  • Sun Flare - Blind all your enemies like a certain three-eyed warrior.
Added - 2 new Verglas skills have been added.
  • Chimera Style - Combine the multiple disciplines.
  • Insulate - Protect your friends from the cold.
Added - 2 new Void Assassin skills have been added.
  • Advancing Flow - Take advantage of your ranged opponent's misses to get yourself closer.
  • Obscure - Re-hide yourself from pinpointing status effects.
Adjusted - Training Day bonus experience has been reduced to 25% (down from 50%), due to the recent large base EXP increase.
Adjusted - Shukuchi's Momentum cost now scales as such; 3/3/2/2/1 (instead of 3/3/2/1/0).
Adjusted - Sear and Magaisendo's FP costs have been changed to 40/38/36/34/32 instead of 20/23/26/29/32.
Adjusted - Spatial Cores now give more items. The minimum has been increased to 3 items and up to 7 maximum (for Massive Cores).
Adjusted - Rockdirt's material benefits have changed; it now gives +1 Power, +4 Critical, +2 Accuracy, and +4 Weight.
Adjusted - Coral's material benefits have changed; It now gives +1 Power, +3 Critical, +3 Accuracy, and +1 Weight.
Adjusted - The VIT of boss monsters has been increased slightly to help give them a chance against all of these powerful Legend Authoring adventurers.
Adjusted - Battle Weight has been implemented as an experimental system, replacing the normal effects of weapon and armor weight. (see above).
Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a bug where Rapid Kick was using an incorrect multiplier, resulting in incorrect damage.
- Fixed a bug with Arena Combatants and Sear not using the proper target pattern.
- Fixed a bug where random dungeons wouldn't let you enter unless you approached the right way.
- Fixed a bug where the battle bar text was going supernova.
- Fixed a bug where Arbalest arena combatants would use Oil Chain while wielding guns.
- Fixed a bug where inventory/etc windows weren't closing when you were engaged in a battle.
- Fixed a bug where Great Successes while forging weapons only gave 1 quality instead of a number based on your skill level.
- Fixed a bug where you would sometimes get error messages from random dungeon chests.
- Fixed a bug where using Heavy Armor was still giving benefits for Arcane Tattoo.
- Fixed a bug where Skip and On My Mark were interacting incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug where crafted tomes were using the old weapon qualities.
- Fixed a bug where hidden monster resistances weren't working properly.

Click here to learn how to install and play the game!
Or click here to view the game's hub page and learn about it, see screenshots, who's playing, and more!

Print this item

Nibaki's custom parts
Posted by: kuronekosama08 - 11-27-2014, 07:12 AM - Forum: Marketplace - No Replies

A small list is tacked up on the message board To whom it may or may not concern A minor setback in custom parts has occured as typical fees and what not Please see Nibaki yuisen for part requests the standard fare is two hundred mura a part

Print this item

Vanishing ..yet again
Posted by: kuronekosama08 - 11-27-2014, 06:54 AM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (1)

I think i solved the vanishing shopkeep mystery, as i know exactly what i remember doing and my shopkeep is vanished it isn't not in inv or on the stall where it was in cellsvitch beside blue and yellow goods you see i set it down a bout 7 hrs or so ago payed for the stall and set it down as usuall for 2 days ic time well i placed it down and two days icly went past and i think what may be causing it is that it returned to my inv at the exact time the reboot took affect i am probabally sure that is the case and may in a void somewhere Key name Anna Puma Char name Nibaki yuisen Shop name Nibaki's custom shop . I really dont want the asagos for another shop as this is the second time it has happened to me as i feel it may happen again and to prevent this mess from happening again ill just not get a shopkeep and post my shop on the forum boards for custom parts and sell them that way .

Print this item

Optional Huggessoa themed super boss
Posted by: Daisuke - 11-27-2014, 04:41 AM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (14)

There's a noticeable lack of difficult bosses that let you grab a party and use your hard(I guess)-earned stats to their fullest extent while making you go "Oh man, that was a close fight" aside from getting back attacked by spatials in a crazy dungeon. So I've attempted to come up with a boss that can't be solo'd (even the tips say parties are fun!) and is difficult in the sense of "if you don't deal with this stuff correctly you're gonna have a bad time" but not too difficult like "you messed up, party is dead". It could be used in an optional dark themed dungeon or just for future reference something (pls).

So here's what I have. Long post incoming.

Darky The Dark (Name is a placeholder cuz I'm bad with names, also goes for anything else with a name in this topic, numbers also subject to change if not reasonable)

Hp: 10000 (intended to 4 people wailing on it)
FP: 10000
0% in all elemental resistances

Abilities -

Deathbringer (passive): As the name implies, this being wastes no time in killing everything in front of it. They have 10 momentum.

Nightmare Blade (passive) - Normals attacks will do dark physical damage. If the target is feared they will do magic damage instead and gain +100 to hit.

Lord of Darkness (passive): All dark damage dealt will ignore any elemental resistance or absorbs. They are also immune to blind and silence.

Immovable Casting (passive): When an S rank invocation has started, this skill will grant the user "Immovable" status for 3000 lvl. This status makes it so the user's invocations cannot be interrupted and any damage taken will not lower their HP for x rounds or until the invocation has ended. X = to level. X is reduced by damage taken and "Immovable" is removed once X is 0.

Ruinous Torment (passive): Every 6 rounds the tiles under all non-pet/youkai enemies will leak darkness in a 3 range from-the-center AOE for 2 turns. During the 2nd turn, the tiles will explode dealing heavy darkness damage to anyone inside. When below 30% HP, this occurs every 3 rounds.

Damnation: Focuses on a target (like jammer omega) for 5 turns and chases after them until it wears off or they die. Applies hunted level 30 as long as they are focused.

Physical shield: While this is up, the user's HP is not reduced by damage and they must take 500 physical damage to break this. Lasts for 3 turns and if not broken, the shield explodes and deals dark damage to all enemies. Can only be used once and cannot be used if below 80% HP.

Magic shield: HP is not reduced by damage while up and must take 700 magic damage in order to break. Lasts 4 turns and the shield will explode if not broken, dealing dark damage to all enemies. Can only be used once and cannot be used if below 70% HP.

Almighty Shield: HP is not reduced by damage while up and the user gains a random 50% elemental weakness. They will only take damage from elemental weaknesses and the shield needs 1000 damage to break. Lasts 5 turns. Can only be used once and only if the user is above 40% HP and below 70% HP.

Night Terror: Casts a debuff on all enemies inflicted with hunted, immobilizing them for 3 rounds and disabling their skills and silencing them. Has a 6 round cooldown.

Gaze of Huggessao: 6 range. Inflicts dark damage on a target and fears them for 3 rounds along with any other enemies within 2 tiles of them. Will not use on a target already feared.

Scorn of Huggessao: S rank Invocation. Can only be used once when below 51% hp. When cast, it will deal unresistable dark damage to all enemies equal to 80% of their current health while applying 50 lvl hunted and (whateverlvl) burn for the rest of the battle.

Impending Death: Can only be used when below 40% HP and only twice. Marks an enemy with Impending Death, lasts 2 rounds.

Dreaded Earth: Can only be cast on an enemy marked for death. Deals 700 unresistable dark damage to the target in an AOE 1 tile around them. Damage is divided equally among all enemies hit. Enemies killed by this cannot be revived.

Print this item

Material Savings with Alchemy
Posted by: Ryu-Kazuki - 11-26-2014, 09:25 PM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (1)

Currently, great successes during alchemy only work with potions, as far as I'm aware. I just crafted a piece of paper, but it didn't really do anything special. Could we get great successes on all alchemic crafted items double like with potions? It'd be really nice and help us save some materials in the long run.

Print this item

Brain Food still dropping on defeat
Posted by: LadyLightning - 11-26-2014, 09:01 PM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (1)

Just lost a brain food yesterday, even though 1.03 is live and has
been for some time. As donation items, they're remarkably hard
to trade for.

Print this item

Preparation Eating
Posted by: Mivereous - 11-26-2014, 08:10 PM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (5)

Could the thing where we eat in Preparation use available food in our inventory, in order from top to bottom, and then when available food runs out, we could use the basic food it provides?

Print this item

[Fallcall] Borked Bellowing
Posted by: Ranylyn - 11-26-2014, 07:25 PM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (1)

Scarebear's turn.
Tara Weiss-Etrama takes 47 Sound damage.
Tara Weiss-Etrama was frightened by the bellowing!
Scarebear's turn.
Scarebear's turn.
Tara Weiss-Etrama takes 123 Sound damage.

Fallcall passively does... double damage when the opponent is feared, right? As in... double of 47... for... 123- I'm sorry wait what!?

Yes. It was two different scarebears. No, I didn't get to examine their exact stats because I died. But this is closer to triple (141) than double (96), which seems a tad outlandish to be chalked up to simple stat variance (nearly a 1.5x difference!?) Yes, I know bellow gives the user "Roar" but this second scarebear was not under the effect!

EDIT: Confirming that I checked again. Bellow is 10+ Level. The scarebears on that floor were level 66. Considering I likely had 27-36 res at the time (Based on installs, etc) the above damages actually seem fairly okay despite me being too lazy to crunch the numbers. The issue came, once again, from the description throwing me off by saying "double DAMAGE" and not "DOUBLE BASE BEFORE MODIFIERS." You know, my usual "aaaand invalidating resistance" argument.

Going to mark this as solved without deleting it in case someone else finds something IS wrong with it,

Print this item

Something Went Wrong
Posted by: Xero Shade - 11-26-2014, 06:06 PM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (2)

http://gyazo.com/2d8c135652a6f3e4fa39a5f75feebe83
Level 51 Giant Crazy Black Door.

Print this item

Sigrogana Legend 2 Discord