Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 779
» Latest member: Zogan
» Forum threads: 10,581
» Forum posts: 54,043

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 146 online users.
» 1 Member(s) | 143 Guest(s)
Bing, Google, lalchi

Latest Threads
WaifuApple
Low Post [v2.86b]

Forum: Bug Reports
Last Post: WaifuApple
4 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 12
Entropy
[2.86b] IT'S A HAT

Forum: Bug Reports
Last Post: Entropy
5 hours ago
» Views: 23
Flun
Sacrifices must be made (...

Forum: Balance Fu
Last Post: Flun
8 hours ago
» Replies: 4
» Views: 49
Kiyo Takamine
Korvara Immersive 'Fast' ...

Forum: Suggestions
Last Post: Kiyo Takamine
9 hours ago
» Replies: 12
» Views: 554
Maya
Invention Application - H...

Forum: Denied Applications
Last Post: Maya
Today, 03:55 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 124
Snake
Dark Bard Orange Justice

Forum: Balance Fu
Last Post: Snake
05-17-2024, 12:42 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 158
Nekojinn
Sakura - Request for Tran...

Forum: Character Applications
Last Post: Nekojinn
05-16-2024, 05:13 PM
» Views: 47
MarktheUnlucky
Flesh, Steel, and Corrupt...

Forum: Event Applications
Last Post: MarktheUnlucky
05-16-2024, 03:04 AM
» Views: 44
owarinohebi
Cervidae (Deer) Kaelensia

Forum: Class/Race Ideas
Last Post: owarinohebi
05-16-2024, 12:16 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 99
Toffee
Invention/Eventline Appli...

Forum: Applications
Last Post: Toffee
05-15-2024, 11:55 PM
» Views: 60

Inside The Bard
Posted by: catabur - 11-13-2016, 02:20 AM - Forum: Adventure Log - No Replies

The latest article from your favorite bard reviewer, Krissy V. Izzy, has come in! This time, it's about a new hit group that's taking the lands by storm!

Voguing The Void Viscountesss

As usually, it's Krissy V. Izzy here, bringing you all the exciting news about any sort of up-and-coming, and long-established, bands of bards! I have to be honest, this is one of my favorite bands out there in a long time! Just thinking about having the chance to meet up with all three stars makes my heart jump with an excitement like a vampire who found out blood magic exists! Just being able to hold Scopire's hand gives me goose bumps!

Alright, alright, I'll calm down and start to explain them. First, let's start with their roots! From what I could gather, VV first started as "Godly Contention's Reapers" and they took a waaaaay more dark bard approach. The music notes were much lower, there were more instances of a sole instrument playing at a time, and the lyrics were a bit... controversial. I mean, I still loved them to death and think Scopire's beauty (or maybe 'handsome' is a better term for her?) can't be blotched by any sort of weird make-up or outrageous costumes!

But, seriously, they thought "Zera's Horns of Hatred" would make a good song title? And the lyrics:

"Come into the God of Destruction's Domain of Death
Be Exterminated Unless You are Blessed
Hath you no crown, showing everyone you cant be bested?"

(It makes a lil' sense considering that Scopire is a Zeran and everything, but talk about heavy handed!)

Of course, this didn't exactly shoot them to stardom as they'd hope (and thankfully) as they did a lot of small shows in Alstalsia's mainland and sometimes being paid to play for a few Black Knights in Chaturanga. Some rumors say that Scopire's parents paid for a few of the shows, but I wouldn't mention that around her unless you wanna keep your head and dignity! I've heard of her practicing fencing in her freetime. Not that I would mind getting beaten by her! It'd be a dream come true!

To be honest, it's mostly boring and filled with shady situations, such as how band members kept switching out. The final trio, who I'll talk about in just a second, was allegedly going to be a quadruple before this mysterious member was killed in some sort of freak accident. They even say if you stay long enough after their shows, you'll hear her (?) sing their first hit song. T-that just gives me t-the s-shivers just thinking about it! Can someone please hold my hand after VV's newest show? Just, you know, in case!

Now to the three who made the band during its "post-Heaven's Contention" stage, if you will!

Scopire - A tall, handsome Zeran with cute short, cut hair done in almost a way to compliment her horn. Calm, collected, dominating, and sexy! She's the clear leader of the bunch, always willing to lend an ear to any of opinion. But if you manage to offend her, expect Reapers to come help you to Lazarus! Since their costumes tend to change with each show, it's hard to explain it to you. Yet, she's commonly seen in fancy suits that make sure to show just enough skin to keep the crowd lived! (and her stalkers with plenty of material, ehehe)

Lovinka - Bubbly, naive, and just full of cute moments! Her orange hair combined with her felidae ears and fuzzy tail just makes her look like a kitten you want to talk home and care for forever! She's seen as the "kid" in their promotional material (although it doesn't stop her from getting a little saucy in it especially the "Domination" poster). No one really knows what a Felidae is doing in a bard group (and few question it when they get a look of her friendly eyes and adoring smile), but the speculation is that she accidentally made her way onto a ship and landed in Sigrogana. It goes on that they found her, singing in the streets for money, and instantly hired her. Warning: Do not give her cat-nip!

Tulre - If Scopire is the "king", then Tulre (it's got really weird pronunciation, yeah) is the princess of the group. She insist on looking regal during all her shows, which their costume designers happily agree to, and tries to be in the spotlight of everything they possibly do. Her purple hair and human features makes it seem like anyone has a chance of getting to be a star like her, but she's quick to remind everyone why they aren't with her majestic singing and instrument playing. It's also say that she has a more sadistic and hellish side to her, yet this just makes fans want her even more! At one second, she could be demanding tea from you, the next whipping you for not going fast enough to obey her whim~! It's really dreamy to me...

Uh, my boss is saying that's all for this article, but make sure to pay attention for when my next one hits the scene! Next time, I'll be reviewing Scopire herself!!!! I think I'm gonna faint!

Print this item

Restrict Dungeon Spawning on Certain Overworld Tiles
Posted by: Exxy - 11-12-2016, 05:09 PM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (1)

The thread is mainly to do with this:

[Image: 19f022cb8ff74c22b17d3298f691dc5e.png]

It seems there are a few spots where BDPs can spawn (either through Chaotic Key or via natural means, not sure which caused this) that either don't add up or are an annoyance/trolling gimmick. The main issue I see with this is at areas that are 'bottlenecks' for the lack of a better phrase (spots on the map that only feature one tile wide areas to travel through, think of both bridges on the Sigroganian continent).

I'd say there's room to argue that spawning a BDP within a 1-tile range of a town or city shouldn't be allowed, but ultimately it makes more sense to me (mechanically and RPly) for them to spawn near these settlements than on a bridge over water out of nowhere.

Print this item

[Discussion] Lupine's Instinct and Willpower
Posted by: Exxy - 11-12-2016, 04:25 PM - Forum: Balance Fu - Replies (7)

After a recently added change to Sanguine Crest, I wanted to test the water by asking for the Lupine's WIL bonus gained from Instinct to be accounted for outside of Combat as well (so they can actually make use of the bonus FP from it).

The main reasoning behind this are the typical issues that arise:

-You have to account for a sudden drop in percentage of FP (as it gets raised by a flat 50 if you're sitting at 40 SAN) later in a fight against a Greenscale user, when the both of you have sizeable chunks of HP and FP missing, who gets increasingly buffed by the fact.

- As is, it's a 'token' buff. This being said in the sense that it only activates after battle begins and serves no actual purpose.

The trade-off I can see happening, if others feel like it's too much, is for only the (SAN/10)+1 bonus to WIL to become a static fixture and for the doubling effect to be removed from the equation entirely. Speaking personally, this is probably the option I feel is a bit more reasonable.

Or conversely, if it's deemed appropriate, to just have the 2((SAN/10)1) bonus be active outside of battle as well.

Print this item

Space-faring Spatials
Posted by: Soapy - 11-11-2016, 09:33 PM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (1)

Bosses knocked out of the battle by Grandupper aren't treated as being knocked out of the battle, continuing to attack and be attacked. Also pretty sure they never actually land.

Print this item

Animated Sword Lingering Damage
Posted by: Ranylyn - 11-11-2016, 09:21 PM - Forum: Balance Fu - Replies (4)

These numbers are at level 29. Character has 30 Def/Res and 251 Max HP. Armor is a Carapace Breastplate, no upgrades.

Animated Sword's turn.
[REDACTED] takes 65 Pierce physical damage.
[REDACTED] is now suffering from a moderate stab wound.
Status Infliction: 60 VS Status Resistance: 42
[REDACTED] was inflicted with Lingering Damage!

... Skipping Ahead

--- ROUND 1 ---
[REDACTED] recovered 2 FP.
[REDACTED] recovered 2 HP.
[REDACTED] recovered 8 FP.
[REDACTED] takes 55 Pierce physical damage

50% of 200% Scaled Weapon attack may be a biiiiiit too much. As in, the lingering damage is more than DOUBLE per turn than what most of the other enemies were doing, and even than the Animated Sword's basic attacks were coming up significantly short.

Compare to:

Souls Tainted By Darkness's turn.
[REDACTED] takes 22 Sound magical damage.
Status Infliction: 40 VS Status Resistance: 42
Souls Tainted By Darkness's turn.
Souls Tainted By Darkness attacks [REDACTED] with Ectoplasm and hits them!
[REDACTED] takes 22 Darkness physical damage.

Ghost Dog's turn.
[REDACTED] takes 24 Ice magical damage.

Animated Sword attacks [REDACTED] with Self Strike and hits them!
[REDACTED] takes 35 Slash physical damage.

Yeah. That's just too much. It could stand to be adjusted to a smaller number.

Print this item

The Sigrogana Space Program
Posted by: Kameron8 - 11-11-2016, 08:39 PM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (1)

If you get the finishing blow on a player with Grandupper (8 sturm) to the point that they don't come back down and the fight ends, their icon will reside several tiles higher than it actually is. You can then fight the person and repeat this process to constantly move their icon higher and higher and higher.

[Image: R3soSpl.png]

Print this item

Geist Schritt
Posted by: Kameron8 - 11-11-2016, 08:24 PM - Forum: Balance Fu - Replies (26)

There's a lot of situations where 'optimal' play means using this skill every turn. At worst, the enemy can't throw out an attack that invalidates one of the types, and you always gain a momentum advantage if they want to fight back. (This is most common in Boxer versus Boxer, where the only choices are Korken, Felsmanege, and Asura Fist(?) ). At best, it's a constant mind game between deciding whether to throw out a skill or basic attack.

I suggest giving Geist Schritt a 2 round cooldown, so it can only be used every other turn. Using any Geist Schritt will put the others on cooldown as well.

Print this item

Hadouken Pre-charge
Posted by: Kameron8 - 11-11-2016, 08:20 PM - Forum: Balance Fu - Replies (4)

Can Asura Fist only provide Schwarz Sturm if it hits an enemy? The class fantasy -- and a good chunk of balance, given the class is supposed to be a constantly revving engine -- is invalidated by constantly throwing out dark shinkens at thin air to stack Sturm while you're far away. It's also used to hit 8 stacks for Grandupper, but because the latter is 4m it's common to just chuck it off into the nether instead of aiming for your foe, for fear of hitting a resist and making Grandupper impossible.

Print this item

Tune Up For What
Posted by: Soapy - 11-11-2016, 07:48 PM - Forum: Balance Fu - Replies (5)

Engineer's Turrets are even more abhorrent than they were pre-GR, due to guns now going against Defense.

They only have the accuracy to land shots against tanks, who, incidentally, they do very little damage to.

Being stationary targets that destroy themselves to attempt attacking, I think their weapon could stand to ignore Phys. Def.

Print this item

See You Space Cowboy...
Posted by: Soapy - 11-11-2016, 07:14 PM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (39)

Currently, all 'until next turn' effects expire at the start of your turn. While this obviously makes sense, Skip creates a massive disadvantage for slower characters, to the point that these effects are entirely worthless unless you're faster than the opponent.

1. Round 1, Player A takes their turn normally
  2. Player B uses Castling to invoke the Black Wind, and finishes their turn normally
  3. Round 2, Player A skips their turn
  4. Player B loses black wind before it can be used

I suggest changing these effects to function like Guard, so that they last until you take an action besides Skip/End Turn.

Here's everything I can think of that lasts until next turn:
Black Wind
Geist Schritt
Frosttouch Gi
Edit: Grapple

As these effects are all 2 duration (and don't end your turn, unlike Guard) they would have to end on actions only if they're at 1 duration.

Print this item

Sigrogana Legend 2 Discord