Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 778
» Latest member: mugiwarashop
» Forum threads: 10,543
» Forum posts: 53,909

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 165 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 159 Guest(s)
Applebot, Bing, Google, Yandex, Rendar, sirtrex

Latest Threads
FatherCrixius
giga important : wasd mod...

Forum: Bug Reports
Last Post: FatherCrixius
3 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Vivi
Miséricorde - Hanging Sta...

Forum: Character Applications
Last Post: Vivi
11 hours ago
» Views: 28
Balor
Characters of a greater f...

Forum: General Discussion
Last Post: Balor
Yesterday, 07:23 AM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 758
Skullcatrons
Bracers (Male)

Forum: Submissions
Last Post: Skullcatrons
Yesterday, 06:18 AM
» Views: 28
Raigen.Convict
Verglas Stance QoL additi...

Forum: Quality-of-Life (QoL)
Last Post: Raigen.Convict
Yesterday, 04:42 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 93
Skullcatrons
Mail Collars

Yesterday, 01:11 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 94
Skullcatrons
Male Naga Tail

Yesterday, 12:46 AM
» Views: 73
zericosmic
Invisible Imbue

Last Post: zericosmic
04-25-2024, 10:30 AM
» Views: 38
zericosmic
Confused Cinders

Last Post: zericosmic
04-25-2024, 07:45 AM
» Views: 38
Neus
[2.85f] Snatch Spell? Mor...

Last Post: Neus
04-25-2024, 01:48 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 44

Youkai Skills
Posted by: Chaos - 10-15-2015, 04:49 PM - Forum: Balance Fu - No Replies

While the skills of Youkai haven't been particularly brutal on their own, there are a few skills that have shown to be too much in the hands of players. Here's the list of such skills:

Parreta
This is basically Life Drain 2.0; not only does Parreta deal a decent/nice amount of Water damage, but it also heals for half of the damage formula. No, not the damage dealt, but the damage BEFORE defensive calculations. Given that the formula uses the most boost-friendly statistic in the game (see: WIL), it's entirely possible to hit self heals around 35-40 or so, without even considering the (Asrai's LV/2) part of the equation. (Yes, that means players can utilize a low-level Asrai for cheap heals + damage dealing) Did I also mention it has a range of 4, and unless the target has Water resistance or plenty of RES, Parreta will usually hit them for at least a bit more than what the user is healed?
Solution: While Asrai itself isn't broken about using this, players (who are typically able to use it twice a turn) are. The damage and the idea of the 'healing based on damage formula' is fine, but the amount healed should be adjusted:
-If the player is using Parreta via Sync-Mind, they're only healed for 20% of the damage formula
-If the player is using Parreta while having Asrai installed, they're only healed for 40% of the damage formula

Bad Juju
You know how Cat's Claw takes off FP equal to half of Kilkenny's level? While particularly brutal against low-FP characters and could quickly drain out high-FP characters (short of Liches, which will end up dead before their FP runs out), it still has to deal with the scaling cost. Bad Juju takes this effect and uses it with much less hassle. A skill that can be accessed via Install, Bad Juju has a (LUC+Wawa's LV) chance of causing FP drain to a poor sap within 2 range equal to half of Wawa's level. For Wawa, this means another use of her active skill. For the player, this is an easy way to recover FP on top of the 5~20 FP regen from their Summoner class alone. Wawa's install gives no specific drawbacks to the player, and the player's LUC (boosted by Install, most likely) is enough to either make Bad Juju trigger a lot of the time, or all of the time. Slower players will always have the ability to get in range for this skill to apply, as well.
Solution: Again, Wawa isn't that bad with this skill alone. The player's profit from this skill should be adjusted as such:
-When used via Install, Bad Juju only steals LV/4 FP from the target.

Synthesis
I consider Ingrain/Synthesis to be a fine pair of skills, and not particularly broken in Vampiric Legume's case. The issue, however, is that Synthesis scales on the user's level. This allows for people to just summon on a Vampiric Legume and keep him around to Sync-Mind a cheap Ingrain for wide-scale HP draining. Characters with high CEL will struggle to utilize this in PvP, but slow characters can easily abuse this trick in both PvP and PvE. Let's also not forget that while Immobilize locks out the Movement option, it does not prevent the use of skills that would move the player. Given that the majority of classes that have at least one skill that provides some kind of movement, a Synthesis user wouldn't even need to undo Immobilize.
Solution: Simple; make Synthesis's effect scale on Vampiric Legume's level. As long as Ingrain's cost is prone to scaling, it will be near-impossible to abuse Synthesis. Of course, if the cost scaling proves too much, having the cost reduced while Vampiric Legume is installed can work. (You could also make Immobilize lock out any skills that would move the user, but this won't solve Synthesis' problem entirely)

Ammendum, Sin and Purpose
This skill has been a pain in the ass since day one, thanks to Install. Even 25% Pierce/Slash/Blunt resistance has proven to be an extreme detriment. I'm not just talking about the inevitable 'RESIST!' triggers that happen with this skill, either. Let me show how given 'counters' to a DW install actually play out:
(Damage of resisted elements = 100% - 25% = 75% Damage)
Judgment Blade = 150% * 75% = 112.5% Damage
Holy Weapon w/ Slash/Blunt/Pierce = 150% * 75% = 112.5% Damage
Holy Weapon w/ Unresisted Element = 150% Damage
Mythslayer = 125% * 75% = 93.75% Damage
Spirit Hunter = 115% * 75% = 86.25% Damage
Spirit Hunter w/ Unresisted Element = 115% Damage
Holy Mythslayer = 175% * 75% = 131.25% Damage
Holy Spirit Hunter = 165% * 75% = 123.75% Damage
Holy Spirit Hunter w/ Unresisted Element = 165% Damage

So out of those 'counters, the only ones that work are:

-Judgment Blade
-Holy Weapon, regardless of Element
-Spirit Hunter w/ Unresisted Element
-Holy Mythslayer
-Holy Spirit Hunter, regardless of Element

But wait, we can't quite forget about the other Elements. It's not that hard to cover the other elements with resistances (and let's consider Apus, since he's quite capable of throwing in his 10% Resistance bonus for a couple elements via Sync-Mind). It's safe to figure that the more common elements would have 25~35% resistance to their names. Knowing that, the 'guaranteed' list of counters become:

-Judgment Blade
-Holy Weapon w/ Slash/Blunt/Pierce
-Holy Mythslayer
-Holy Spirit Hunter, regardless of Element

And that's not even considering that Vampires that can chop Holy's damage bonus in half! Yet, each of these counters end up triggering the Resist! and draining the attacker's momentum, just for what sums up to 10~20% more damage most of the time.
Solution: There are two main ways to adjust this:
1. ASP only gives 15~20% Slash/Blunt/Pierce Resistance when installed
2. ASP gives Slash/Blunt/Pierce Damage Reduction instead
For the 2nd case, it's mostly to stop the Resist triggers. However, in that case, I would suggest a secondary addition:
-"If Drowned Woman is Installed, and the user is hit with a Holy weapon, this Damage Reduction is negated for 1-2 rounds."

Print this item

Youkai Maintenance
Posted by: Chaos - 10-15-2015, 02:44 PM - Forum: Balance Fu - Replies (10)

Since people believe that Youkai's Maint. costs are a major issue, Here's a topic to discuss it in.

Print this item

In-Fighter Gi Material
Posted by: Shujin - 10-15-2015, 07:29 AM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (2)

I am a little surprised that it´s made of "Metal".
Shouldn´t it be a Clothing Material since it´s a Gi? We kinda have all 10 Star items metal items...Would be cool to have some clothing materials aswell.

Print this item

Flying through the walls
Posted by: Someone - 10-14-2015, 05:06 PM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (4)

[Image: id8lKJ0.png]

I know that flying over obstacles was added for flying/floating monsters, but not sure if going through walls was included.

Print this item

Evoker Passive: Elemental Shredder
Posted by: Autumn - 10-14-2015, 04:32 PM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (5)

[Image: 1ec704eacd.PNG]

A passive for Evoker that would be meant to help combat against multiple elemental resistance(cloak of many colors, fortune feather, Sayakana, etc.), but still allow an opponent to have specific elemental resistances against them. (Beldam Aegis, Firewalkers, etc.)

The Evoker will ignore up to 3/6/9/12/15%(?) of elemental resistances(but will not reduce past 0%) This passive will only apply for Mage and Evoker class Spells and Enchanted effects used.

Thoughts?

Print this item

Periods of Game Failure
Posted by: Ignored Knowledge - 10-14-2015, 04:55 AM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (2)

It seems some people can't connect to the game sometimes as dream seeker crashes instantly when trying to start the game. Usually after an in-game reboot it fixes it for some people, but until then (or when it wants to work.) the game instantly crashes the second it is ran.

So far this is what I've gathered about it:
*The period of crashing happens for an extended amount of time
*People can normally play the game after a reboot if this problem happens
*It doesn't effect the game its self if it was ran before this time period of failure to start up the game. You can play the game but there will still be a time for some people to never be-able to reconnect if they have to or go on an alternative account. It can go on un-noticed if someone plays until the next reboot or takes a break until the next reboot.
*It commonly crashes the game the instant it starts as a program
*It doesn't effect a whole group of people at once on a set time line, but randomly a handful of them. It can happen to one person and not the other until later if any. There has been a few cases of it effecting more than one person with the same effect at the same time.
*Sometimes people can't play the game with two accounts but can with one
*This period of crashing doesn't seem to be with other byond games or at least always during the same time of failure with Sigrogana legend 2.
*The period of crashing can be nonexistent for people, rare for some people, common at times, and game-ruining for some.
*Byond verison doesn't seem to effect it
*Clearing Cache doesn't seem to effect it
*Turning internet connect off and on doesn't seem to effect it
*Disabling adblock doesn't seem to effect it
*Eating pizza doesn't seem to effect it

Print this item

Kingslayer Animation?
Posted by: Autumn - 10-14-2015, 02:49 AM - Forum: Suggestions - Replies (3)

It seems that every other 10 star weapon has an attacking animation but Kingslayer does not? I was wondering if it'd be possible to put one in for it.

Print this item

[Que]Chaser Bonus Bloodshed Effect
Posted by: Khentimentu139 - 10-14-2015, 02:28 AM - Forum: Bug Reports - Replies (1)

The skill description for the Chaser Bonus Bloodshed skill says that it "Airborne enemies are knocked back by the full range of the skill" However, every time I have used it and airborne enemy, they are instead knocked two tiles in a random direction. I am not sure if this is intentional or not, but if it is, the skill description is misleading, as it gives the impression that it knocks enemies back tiles equal to the skill's range, which is 5.

If the skill is intended to knock enemies back a number of tiles equal to how many squares the skill moved the user before hitting an enemy, the description should ideally be altered to reflect that more accurately. As it is the skill is either not working properly or gives an inaccurate impression of how it works.

Print this item

If It's Broke, Fix It (Broken Weapon Penalty)
Posted by: Slydria - 10-13-2015, 08:26 PM - Forum: Balance Fu - Replies (2)

So I've heard a lot of players who go through the game getting into situations where they break their weapon and then have to spend the next 50 or so rounds wailing on a monster while only doing 1 damage, only being able to hit about 20% of the time and never critting.

I feel the current broken weapon penalty is far too punishing. Yes, there are many ways around not using your durability, replenishing it, etc. but new players may not be aware of it.

Now I'm not sure about the numbers currently but if I had to suggest a change, here's what I think the broken weapon penalty should be:

- The Weapon's Power is reduced to 1
- The Weapon's Critical is reduced to 0%
- The Weapon's Accuracy is reduced to it's Base Accuracy

Still something to worry about but something I feel won't guarantee the untimely end of the player.

Print this item

El Busterino
Posted by: Fern - 10-13-2015, 07:59 PM - Forum: Balance Fu - Replies (8)

Buster Cannon is a cool idea for Arbalests, sure, but almost completely slaughtering a character's defense in 4M (with 8 possible range) has proven to be somewhat ridiculous. The class is already able to ignore 10 defense too, so...

I suggest giving its defense reduction a lower cap. From 100% to 60%.

Print this item

Sigrogana Legend 2 Discord